Shaun Barker

G STAR RAM

I read somewhere that we didn't have insurance on players up until this season. I could be wrong. So I doubt those smaller sides have insurance.

But would any manager want to risk having the guy go out with a serious knee injury that could leave him limping for the rest of his life.

I am happy for Barker to be fit again and walking, running and jumping again at u21 level. But seriously, the guy has so much potential outside of football, and he's still young in the professional world. My opinion is that he should pursue that (media, charity, art and fashion) career and forgot about playing. That's what I would do. 

A fashion career? His dress sense is a lot dodgier than his knees.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere that we didn't have insurance on players up until this season. I could be wrong. So I doubt those smaller sides have insurance.

But would any manager want to risk having the guy go out with a serious knee injury that could leave him limping for the rest of his life.

I am happy for Barker to be fit again and walking, running and jumping again at u21 level. But seriously, the guy has so much potential outside of football, and he's still young in the professional world. My opinion is that he should pursue that (media, charity, art and fashion) career and forgot about playing. That's what I would do. 

Easier said than done for those who still have burning desire to play.

I think you're underestimating the erosion of capability caused by such an injury and layoff

Not at all, if he has been brough to the point where he can't cut it any longer, he just wouldn't get a game and be released. If he can, he plays. I'm amazed no-one has had a look at him.

Archived