Is it just Mel?

IlsonDerby

everytime we make a signing or are on the verge of signing somebody we all sing Mel's praises, which is fair enough his presence has clearly coincided with a time of positivity in the transfer market however are we doing the other owners an injustice?

Maybe it was SR's suggestion that this was the season to really go for it and all owners went for it? 

Obviously im not privy to the inside details but if the ownership hasn't changed at all since Mel bought in then I can't believe that this spending is all down to one of the owners we have. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple answer is the first time in...well as long as I can remember we've spent a lot of money on quality players, everyone assumes the money is coming out of Mel's back pocket so he takes all the praise. 

Whilst Mel would take the credit for players the fans are happy with. Chris Evens will take the blame for rest like Shotton and Warnock. 

People forget that even the best of them make some real duff signings, Fergie with Bebe comes to mind first, you can also throw in the likes of Djemba Djemba and Kleberson. 

It's teamwork on and off the pitch and praise should be given to Mel for providing the extra funding, Rush for closing the deals, Evans for identifying the players and Clement for saying yes....although I think in time Clement will also be putting players forward as suggestions in time, may already have. 

Mel said something along the lines of Evans takes some unfair stick yet is highly respected in the game the day we went down, don't see any reason to doubt him, we've seen how ruthless the club can be if something isn't working and I'm sure he would be gone by now if he wasn't up to the job.

The decent signings far outweigh the not so good at the moment so all get praise from me.

Simple answer is the first time in...well as long as I can remember we've spent a lot of money on quality players, everyone assumes the money is coming out of Mel's back pocket so he takes all the praise. 

Whilst Mel would take the credit for players the fans are happy with. Chris Evens will take the blame for rest like Shotton and Warnock. 

People forget that even the best of them make some real duff signings, Fergie with Bebe comes to mind first, you can also throw in the likes of Djemba Djemba and Kleberson. 

It's teamwork on and off the pitch and praise should be given to Mel for providing the extra funding, Rush for closing the deals, Evans for identifying the players and Clement for saying yes....although I think in time Clement will also be putting players forward as suggestions in time, may already have. 

Mel said something along the lines of Evans takes some unfair stick yet is highly respected in the game the day we went down, don't see any reason to doubt him, we've seen how ruthless the club can be if something isn't working and I'm sure he would be gone by now if he wasn't up to the job.

The decent signings far outweigh the not so good at the moment so all get praise from me.

Agree with all of that. My point is surely it isn't just one of several very rich owners that is financing this summer's activity?

It seems Mel wants us in the premier league because he's a fan done good and is in a position to push us there but the other owners know that, as business men, if they want to make their money back we have to be up there too so maybe they've decided this is the right time?

everytime we make a signing or are on the verge of signing somebody we all sing Mel's praises, which is fair enough his presence has clearly coincided with a time of positivity in the transfer market however are we doing the other owners an injustice?

Maybe it was SR's suggestion that this was the season to really go for it and all owners went for it? 

Obviously im not privy to the inside details but if the ownership hasn't changed at all since Mel bought in then I can't believe that this spending is all down to one of the owners we have. 

Thoughts?

Maybe our cut of the profit from the i-pro drinks sales have come through? 

:ph34r:

Archived