Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Why would I?! You're the one making the ridiculous claim. Not a very good defender? You are ******* clueless.

Please tell me what attributes Stones has a defender if I'm so clueless? Let me ask you what did you think of David Luiz? Let me guess you think he was a liability right?

I know everyone in England are desperate for the "new rio ferdinand" but stones certainly won't be that man if everyone overhypes him from an early age. Just let him carry on with his game and don't put pressure on him. Look what has happened to Calum Chambers. The media hyped him up to be the new tony adams or martin keown when he signed for arsenal

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Please tell me what attributes Stones has a defender if I'm so clueless? Let me ask you what did you think of David Luiz? Let me guess you think he was a liability right?

David Luiz was the Richard Keogh of the Premier League, all the attributes are there and most of the time plays well. Very liable to a heads gone and easily affected by team morale.

Stones will be one of the best in the world, he was praised universally for his defending last season. Lets see how it plays out, If you don't think he can defend you are in cloud cuckoo land. Young player makes a few mistakes and the old British cynical hyper critical shitlord train starts rolling.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

David Luiz was the Richard Keogh of the Premier League, all the attributes are there and most of the time plays well. Very liable to a heads gone and easily affected by team morale.

Stones will be one of the best in the world, he was praised universally for his defending last season. Lets see how it plays out, If you don't think he can defend you are in cloud cuckoo land. Young player makes a few mistakes and the old British cynical hyper critical shitlord train starts rolling.

You didn't answer my question what attributes he has. I think you will find why stones was "so good" last season was because he had jagielka sweeping up after him and coleman recovering for his mistakes. Its no coincidence that since both have been injured stones has crumbled

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

What makes you think he will be one of the best in the world? Maybe one of the best in england but the world? As I said before he is miles behind the other young centre backs in the world like varane,giminez,laporte. In my opinion the only english player who will be world class in a few years will be luke shaw because he has shown he can defend and not make mistakes regularly like stones

Just now, McLovin said:

You didn't answer my question what attributes he has.

I will. 

Good in the air. Good tackler. Good marker. Fast. Comfortable on the ball. Can read the game well. 

He's not ******* Maldini yet but has the potential to be. Of course he's got to improve, he's no where near the finished article. But if you think he's got no defensive attributes and he's subject of 35 million pound bids, England call ups and 80 odd PL appearences at his age then I think you need to pack up watching football mate. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You didn't answer my question what attributes he has. I think you will find why stones was "so good" last season was because he had jagielka sweeping up after him and coleman recovering for his mistakes. Its no coincidence that since both have been injured stones has crumbled

I don't need to write up a scout report of a player to have an opinion. Shame Stones can't carry the whole Everton back 4 on his own, should be like Varane and be an absolute beast on Real's bench. What's Martinez doing picking a guy his whole team has to carry?! You should put your CV in mate.

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

I will. 

Good in the air. Good tackler. Good marker. Fast. Comfortable on the ball. Can read the game well. 

He's not ******* Maldini yet but has the potential to be. Of course he's got to improve, he's no where near the finished article. But if you think he's got no defensive attributes and he's subject of 35 million pound bids, England call ups and 80 odd PL appearences at his age then I think you need to pack up watching football mate. 

I think the argument ends here. I'll end the discusson

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

There is no argument, Stones clearly has defensive attributes, it's not even a debate. It's not an opinion, it's fact. 

But he's not as good as a Spanish bench warmer because Bris said so there...

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

There is no argument, Stones clearly has defensive attributes, it's not even a debate. It's not an opinion, it's fact. 

How is it a fact? It's a fact that Stones has made error after error in every game this season. To say that he has the potential to be as good as Maldini is enough ammunition to put you in a mental institute, I mean seriously.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Varane isn't even spanish. I bet you think that football doesn't exist outside of England, right?

He wasn't saying Varane is spanish, he was saying the bench that Varane is warming is Spanish. 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Shaw is clearly a better footballer and has more potential than stones.

You have far more information to make a judgement about Stones than you do Shaw. To say one is categorically better than the other is silly, Shaw has played 20 odd games in two seasons. 

and Stones has made errors in most games, for sure but he's also playing against some phenomenal attacks in the center of a defense in front of a shaky keeper (a lot of the time, recently) and on a team getting absolutely peppered with crosses and general chance creation.

I'll personally be surprised if Shaw is ever fit for a full season ever again, so I don't see how he's going to live up to this potential he's been touted with. Stones will continue to improve, but I think he should leave Everton myself. 

Archived