Nothing to fear . Let's hammer them Addicks

Curtains

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a fair enough assessment. Given both teams' start to the season, they might be pitching their aspirations a little low at 0-0. Depends on how they approach the game.

Everything that's been written about Charlton screams 'hard to break down', 'organised', 'play on the counter'. So I'm expecting the sort of games we've become accustomed to at the iPro: Derby on the front foot and trying to break down a 10-strong wall. 

Early goal could be crucial, as could the patience of the crowd.   

to be fair, I'd be disappointed if a manager said anything but, otherwise he's capitulating.

Its all about our players reaction for me. A good one and we can will the result, another poor, slow display and we will do well to draw.

What did you think to the Taylor without Clough  reference in the article as opposed to the Clough without Taylor and the Jose Mourinho or  Les Reed comparison  

It is a proud day for Clement tomorrow and I really hope it's a good one for us and him. 

Seems a fair enough assessment. Given both teams' start to the season, they might be pitching their aspirations a little low at 0-0. Depends on how they approach the game.

Everything that's been written about Charlton screams 'hard to break down', 'organised', 'play on the counter'. So I'm expecting the sort of games we've become accustomed to at the iPro: Derby on the front foot and trying to break down a 10-strong wall. 

Early goal could be crucial, as could the patience of the crowd.   

Patience of the crowd will be vital but as you say an early goal will settle us down. 

What did you think to the Taylor without Clough  reference in the article as opposed to the Clough without Taylor and the Jose Mourinho or  Les Reed comparison  

It is a proud day for Clement tomorrow and I really hope it's a good one for us and him. 

I'm guessing a bit but wasn't les reed promoted to be Charlton manager after years at the club becoming a bit of an institution? 

In which case  I think at this stage his background is more Mourinho than reed. 

Would be interested to see some stats of Mourinho early management /head coach career. I don't really know anything before he won something  (title?)with porto. 

I don't buy the Taylor /clough analogy because the power structures at clubs are now so different. In fact I am not sure how a clough / Taylor sort of combo would work at a modern club. Cloughie coached but Taylor seemed more of a chris Evans figure? 

It's a thoughtful article tho and poses intelligent questions. I like Charlton as a club.one of my favourite away days. They can get knotted Saturday tho!?

I'm guessing a bit but wasn't les reed promoted to be Charlton manager after years at the club becoming a bit of an institution? 

In which case  I think at this stage his background is more Mourinho than reed. 

Would be interested to see some stats of Mourinho early management /head coach career. I don't really know anything before he won something  (title?)with porto. 

I don't buy the Taylor /clough analogy because the power structures at clubs are now so different. In fact I am not sure how a clough / Taylor sort of combo would work at a modern club. Cloughie coached but Taylor seemed more of a chris Evans figure? 

It's a thoughtful article tho and poses intelligent questions. I like Charlton as a club.one of my favourite away days. They can get knotted Saturday tho!?

Lets hope Clement gets on with the club doctor then lol

Archived