Change of formation

sage

In his Rams Player interview pre-Charlton PC again reiterates that it is horses for courses and that he plans in great detail for each opposition and then selects his team and tactics to suit. Its good to know your opposition but I cant help but feel he should have more faith in how we play and let them worry about us.

Is he too involved if that doesn't sound ridiculous?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My article on why we whould play 4-3-3 and why! Before anyone moans, I tried copying and pasting over but the graph doesn't appear when doing so!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/13/graphic-why-paul-clement-should-select-this-derby-county-xi-agai/

I agree.

I would get a cm maestro and go 433. only revert to the 2 dm when we really have to. We need to play to our strength, and without hughes we cant play pc's formations. 

We can't go on playing this formation. It's leaving us far to exposed down the flanks and taking away our threat down the wings aswell. It also stops Bryson and Hughes playing to their strengths, are they wingers are they centre mids? Either way it's not working. We're losing the midfield battle which is starving the forwards and putting extra pressure on the defence. 

One positive though is that our defence has dealt with the added pressure quite well. 

I thought we should have got the ball on the ground and passed it against Portsmouth, we played into pompey's hands by keeping the ball in the air, what would our Brian have thought ?

we had a decent pre-season so I'm sure he will get it right !!

No Keogh or Thorne = No centre back willing to play it out and no midfielder willing to drop back and collect it without turning around and hoofing it anyway (Baird). 

I seriously doubt we'll see that line-up together again.

Archived