Midfielders

BottrillRAM

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baird and Thorne. 4231.

Christie, Ssewankambo, Shotton at full back.

Jeff, Hanson and even Dawkins could play in a three too.

No panic, yet.

Baird/Thorne/Dawkins/Hendrick/Hanson are the only choices at the moment, so really we need at least 1 more for me! 

Dont think Clement will stick with the diamond judging his comments and formations played in pre-season.

I get the feeling its going to be a season where we field the the formation for the best available players unlike last year under Schteve.

Dont think Clement will stick with the diamond judging his comments and formations played in pre-season.

I get the feeling its going to be a season where we field the the formation for the best available players unlike last year under Schteve.

in which case 4-2-3-1 would have been a better formation (In my opinion), even with the same players:

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Warnock

Thorne Hughes

Ince Bryson Russell

Martin

even after Bryson and hughes went off i would have chosen:

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Warnock

Thorne Hendrick

Ince Weimman Russell

Martin

I dont like Ince playing behind the striker, he may have had a poor game, but hes naturally a wide player and he's best off cutting inside from wide rather than trying to be the 'playmaker', dawkins is more suited to that role, and i hope to see him play there sometime this season

What we need are full backs who can overlap and pull sides out of position. Two ageing full backs doesn't work.

ive heard of two fairly young fullbacks, both very attacking and willing to overlap, cyrus christie and craig forsyth are their names i think

Why didn't he change it today then instead of playing Baird as a right midfielder?

Why didn't he change it today then instead of playing Baird as a right midfielder?

My thoughts exactly, with the enforced changes I really thought we'd go 4231 with Baird alongside Thorne, Ince and Russell would have been fine out wide as they were last season, Martin would also have been in his familiar role. Baird on the right and Hendrick the left of a diamond doesn't sound right and we'd never start a game like that.

After all the talk and experiments in pre season I was very surprised at the lack of change during the game. I wonder with it being his first game that he didn't want to tinker too much and lose it, after all, we did draw and maybe in a few games and we are a bit sharper in front of goal we could have won!

Archived