Trivia

loweman2

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I can come up with is there was a problem with our kit loweman, I'm assuming we're down at the old Den because with Millwall playing in blue and white, they wouldn't have brought their away strip up to the Basie and, if we were at home, there should have been no problem with our kit so I'm going for the kit man forgot to load the kit basket on the bus.

The only thing I can come up with is there was a problem with our kit loweman, I'm assuming we're down at the old Den because with Millwall playing in blue and white, they wouldn't have brought their away strip up to the Basie and, if we were at home, there should have been no problem with our kit so I'm going for the kit man forgot to load the kit basket on the bus.

spot on EHR !! I never realised until I looked a bit closer at the badge on the shirt that they were in fact playing in millwalls away kit !! A bit poor of the A&BC football card manufacturers  that they were to lazy or it was to expensive to send another photographer the following week to take pictures of the Derby players actually wearing a Derby kit !! Lol, oh well I suppose there was no internet, these days it would all be rectified in minutes back then it would have taken days !!

any how this is the badge on the shirt

image.jpg

When I was a lad we used have a thing called The Park Drive Book of Football. It was quite useful for a kid to get facts and stats and stuff. 

Anyway, one year the was a photo of Booby Charlton in our blue away shirt. It turns out he was in the area when Cloughie took the squad out to Spain and dropped in for a kick about.

I've hunted high and low for that picture and can't find it anywhere, but I live in hope.

When I was a lad we used have a thing called The Park Drive Book of Football. It was quite useful for a kid to get facts and stats and stuff. 

Anyway, one year the was a photo of Booby Charlton in our blue away shirt. It turns out he was in the area when Cloughie took the squad out to Spain and dropped in for a kick about.

I've hunted high and low for that picture and can't find it anywhere, but I live in hope.

Freudian slip ?

Archived