Gaming

SaintRam

7 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

I got in to last years PES but the keepers ruined it for me. Im hoping they are better this year. Will try out the demo and pick up the game if they are much improved.

Any interest in a FIFA Pro Club?

I tried the pes demo and I thought it was even worse then last years. Seems you are not allowed to slide tackle. Graphics are great but other then that I wasn't impressed.

each to their own though!

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

I got in to last years PES but the keepers ruined it for me. Im hoping they are better this year. Will try out the demo and pick up the game if they are much improved.

Any interest in a FIFA Pro Club?

Keepers are much improved, so much to the extent that I went through 4 games without scoring except for an own goal.  You can slide tackle, you just have to time it right, and you do have to put the time in to score goals, it's not like FIFA where you score with the same goal from the same spot every time.  

Yiu can pick it up for under 30 quid now...bargain :-)

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Keepers are much improved, so much to the extent that I went through 4 games without scoring except for an own goal.  You can slide tackle, you just have to time it right, and you do have to put the time in to score goals, it's not like FIFA where you score with the same goal from the same spot every time.

Yiu can pick it up for under 30 quid now...bargain :-)

Don't get me wrong I am pretty decent at playing all football games but even on the pro evo demo I was scoring for fun. And no I didn't have it on beginner level.

Educate me because I honestly don't know. Not talking about game play but what does PES have? Like fifa has Ultimate Team, a story mode with alex hunter, hundreds of teams with the kits badges, All the premier league stadiums and many more ones outside the prem also commentary from tyler,smith and townsend.

I take it Fifa has a much bigger budget and rights which is why they can have all this stuff and also the advanced technologies but genuinely want to know what I could be missing out on with PES because its probably unfair for me to solely judge it form the demo.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Don't get me wrong I am pretty decent at playing all football games but even on the pro evo demo I was scoring for fun. And no I didn't have it on beginner level.

Educate me because I honestly don't know. Not talking about game play but what does PES have? Like fifa has Ultimate Team, a story mode with alex hunter, hundreds of teams with the kits badges, All the premier league stadiums and many more ones outside the prem also commentary from tyler,smith and townsend.

I take it Fifa has a much bigger budget and rights which is why they can have all this stuff and also the advanced technologies but genuinely want to know what I could be missing out on with PES because its probably unfair for me to solely judge it form the demo.

PES has their own version of Ultimate Team which I actually preferred from my time with it on last years game (they gave that mode away from - called MyClub). You dont need to be amazing to earn coins to get players and you dont need to pay a penny to get players either.

Yes EA has the big budget so can get the licences but PES has much better likenesses. Hell, EA were too stingy in their offer to the Icelandic FA so the team isnt included in FIFA 17. PES 2016on PS4 you can import kits from a USB drive so can have official kits on teams that Konami dont have licences for. For 2017 they have allowed the old PS2/PS3 way of doing it called Option Files (basically a save of the database that you can share) so its one file fixes everything.

10 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

I never played the first Mafia game but completed and really enjoyed the second one, the setting was really good. Had a few niggles like the driving was a bit woolly and wasnt really much point to it but the on foot stuff was very good.

You have won me.  Is Mafia 2 available on the PS4 do you know?

17 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Through PS Now it is

US Playstation Now only it seems, mental as you would of thought it would be on all stores ahead of Mafia 3's launch for extra hype.

Dont think you can play from the US PS Now even with a US PSN account as the server says you are too far away or at least thats what it used to do.

33 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

You have won me.  Is Mafia 2 available on the PS4 do you know?

Mafia 2 was brilliant. Does an amazing job of putting you right in the time period, and although open world, it's massively story driven, which is what 3 is looking like doing. So excited for it.

Ultimate team is grating on me this year already, seems like they've ramped up the injuries and need for fitness cards, couple games and the players are pretty much dead with the pace of a one legged granny without a crutch.

Guess they are trying to make you spend more coins on either new players or consumables. Played 8 games I think, 5 players out with injuries.

Suppose it's time to venture into the constant stream of games v Real or Barca.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Ultimate team is grating on me this year already, seems like they've ramped up the injuries and need for fitness cards, couple games and the players are pretty much dead with the pace of a one legged granny without a crutch.

Guess they are trying to make you spend more coins on either new players or consumables. Played 8 games I think, 5 players out with injuries.

Suppose it's time to venture into the constant stream of games v Real or Barca.

Sorry for being the only person on here who doesn't understand FIFA but are you saying that you have to pay for players that you buy (indirectly with coins) and also pay to keep them fit?  Is that all forms of the game or just the Ultimate Team?

1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Sorry for being the only person on here who doesn't understand FIFA but are you saying that you have to pay for players that you buy (indirectly with coins) and also pay to keep them fit?  Is that all forms of the game or just the Ultimate Team?

Just Ultimate Team, earn coins from playing games, winning cups. Use coins to buy packs of players or individual players in the transfer market. Players also lose fitness from playing and pick up injuries, can use coins to buy healing and fitness cards.

Can also change a players position say LM > LW.

Build a team and the better the chemistry the better the team, say your centre back pairing, you need them to be either at the same club, league or nationality. LB needs to link up with LM and CM.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Just Ultimate Team, earn coins from playing games, winning cups. Use coins to buy packs of players or individual players in the transfer market. Players also lose fitness from playing and pick up injuries, can use coins to buy healing and fitness cards.

Can also change a players position say LM > LW.

Build a team and the better the chemistry the better the team, say your centre back pairing, you need them to be either at the same club, league or nationality. LB needs to link up with LM and CM.

Sounds good.  Thank you, is Ultimate Team online play or offline?

1 hour ago, David said:

Both although "I think" you still need to be connected to the internet to play single player

Yeah you do, although you don't need Gold on Xbox live to play offline, can play it with a 'silver' free online account.