Wages ??

RiddingsRam

Sobering thought that their £10k/wk FFP punishment,if replicated over their squad,would still probably lead to losses.

If you take our own situation,it seems quite likely to me that for 15/16, proceeds from the paying public will likely less than half cover the wages of the entertainers they pay to see.If such wages matched gate receipts,then we'd probably be able to achieve break even as regards headline loss,with a cash surplus on operations to cover interest payments and net capital expenditure,known as self sufficiency.In other words I believe our players to be 50% overpaid in terms of the total income their efforts generate.

Not a dig at our players,they're receiving what the market dictates;it's the market that's flawed.

on your second point about wages to income generated by their efforts id say that increases in sponsorship etc is linked to their efforts too. Would we have got the naming rights if we were in the bottom 6 regularly? Would we see the ever increasing amount of club partners if the team weren't performing and we weren't seen as favourites for a promotion push?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on your second point about wages to income generated by their efforts id say that increases in sponsorship etc is linked to their efforts too. Would we have got the naming rights if we were in the bottom 6 regularly? Would we see the ever increasing amount of club partners if the team weren't performing and we weren't seen as favourites for a promotion push?

True,but all of this income only covers the overheads that give them the platform to perform-if you look at it in simplified terms,it's roughly the difference between players' wages and match receipts that throws up our annual loss.

true but the maximum they have been allowed is designed to force then to reduce losses to the acceptable level. They must have players on a whole load more than that.

Yeah,but they'll find it very hard to quickly ditch their high earners and replace with the £10k/week brigade.I'm very sorry that the original ideal of FFP failed (to eventually get to break even),as this would have forced wages down to a level more in sync with income,thus leading to less financial strife in future. However,the quest for the 'Holy Grail' ruined any chance of this ever happening.

Imo,sanity could only return to the Championship if the Prem League became a closed shop.This would create the circumstances in which club chairmen might embrace a stringent FFP in their own interests. Sure,there'd be a painfull  period of readjustment,and any high earners coming to the end of contracts (who weren't good enough to get a move to the Prem) would have to accept lower pay ,or end up on the scrapheap.You'd also see more academy graduates featuring in teams,along with better players being poached from lower divisions.I could even see a situation where the Championship became not far removed from the old first division of my youth.

Admittedly,the Prem clubs would still pinch the very cream of F/L talent,but this would be constrained by their ongoing desire to fill teams,in the main, with foreign talent.If this were to happen now,there'd be some pretty big clubs trapped in the Championship (and one or two below),and I could see it becoming very competitive.

like dont shoot me down here, it's only a question and i have absolutely no idea about the wages.

but isnt the value fifa gives somewhat realistic? they must have access to such information?

Where are the fifa values?

The year ending June 30th 2014 our wages (for all DCFC Staff) were £13.5m, that's the only information I can find on the matter.

I am a big believer in the market but the imbalance between prem and the rest is very damaging to the game as a whole. The oligarch / mega corp / sky / BT  involvement has warped things beyond belief. FFP is a step in the right direction. I have been trying to dream of model that might work to everyone's benefit including mega clubs. Perhaps there should be a salary cap for clubs but players would be free to get personal add ons from sponsors. Maximum squad size or number of registered players .. Who knows .. There has to be a way to reward the best but give an achievable shot at the big time for the rest. 

Mind you having said all that .. What is different from times past ? OK DCFC aren't top flight .. But look at the names ..ManU, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpoo Chelsea , ?. The names are the same as 50 years ago .. Leeds and then  Lancashire mill town clubs along with the  industrial Midlands have dropped away and isn't that a reflection of the economy and the world we live in now ? Discuss .. Answers by Wednesday ?

Where are the fifa values?

The year ending June 30th 2014 our wages (for all DCFC Staff) were £13.5m, that's the only information I can find on the matter.

Not sure where you found that figure,but the accounts show £14.5m (ex ENIC) and £16.4m (inc ENIC).

Not sure where you found that figure,but the accounts show £14.5m (ex ENIC) and £16.4m (inc ENIC).

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Latest-accounts-Rams-8216-debt-free/story-26255733-detail/story.html

"The wage bill, which includes administrative staff, was up £3m to £13.5m."

As I said, this was year ending June 30, 2014. If you're numbers are more in the now, I was curious where they can be found.

I am a big believer in the market but the imbalance between prem and the rest is very damaging to the game as a whole. The oligarch / mega corp / sky / BT  involvement has warped things beyond belief. FFP is a step in the right direction. I have been trying to dream of model that might work to everyone's benefit including mega clubs. Perhaps there should be a salary cap for clubs but players would be free to get personal add ons from sponsors. Maximum squad size or number of registered players .. Who knows .. There has to be a way to reward the best but give an achievable shot at the big time for the rest. 

Mind you having said all that .. What is different from times past ? OK DCFC aren't top flight .. But look at the names ..ManU, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpoo Chelsea , ?. The names are the same as 50 years ago .. Leeds and then  Lancashire mill town clubs along with the  industrial Midlands have dropped away and isn't that a reflection of the economy and the world we live in now ? Discuss .. Answers by Wednesday ?

I think the biggest change is that the big 4 (boringly) of Chelsea,Arsenal and the Manchester clubs appear to be entrenched at the top,cemented by CL riches and FFP that will likely keep them there.Two of them got there by massive spending, which was little to do with the general economy.The days of a provincial club finishing top of the pile (as happened a few times in the past) are long gone.I doubt you could dream up any form of financial regulation that would make things fairer. It's a lost cause,I'm afraid.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Latest-accounts-Rams-8216-debt-free/story-26255733-detail/story.html

"The wage bill, which includes administrative staff, was up £3m to £13.5m."

As I said, this was year ending June 30, 2014. If you're numbers are more in the now, I was curious where they can be found.

My figures come from Note 4 to the accounts "Staff Numbers and Costs". The only thing I can think of is that SR's figure is for 'normal' wages,i.e. excluding exceptional items for contract pay offs.

Archived