Genuine question about fraud

bimmerman

He isn't doing anything illegal. There is always the argument that people use where they don't work because they can claim more on benefits. It's why the benefit cap was brought in and is now being reduced and also why the tax threshold is being increased. Make it financially worthwhile for people to work (or work longer hours) and they will do so.

It's similar to tax avoidance in that people are legally able to play the system to their advantage. You have to combat it by changing the system.

She, on the other hand, needs shopping for cash-in-hand work.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing can be done me ole china, you should take it on the chin and move on..

I cant tell you my old job but lets say I worked for RSA (motorbility insurer)

if I say motorbility are currently the largest lease holders in the uk with a massive percentage of the market, unfortunately I cannot band statistics about but yes it does make my blood boil, and you can see me on these forums venting my frustration but Mostyn has the right attitude and is highly commended.

on the other subject which equally makes my blood boil I personally knew someone that claimed £100k+ per year on benefits, enough said.

darkened room awaits......

by the same token, don't assume that someone receiving cash in their hand is being paid illegally.

My mum used to get a wage slip on a Thursday night with all her deductions showing, and then get paid in cash on Friday from the day's takings. I know it's rare, but it still happens.

by the same token, don't assume that someone receiving cash in their hand is being paid illegally.

My mum used to get a wage slip on a Thursday night with all her deductions showing, and then get paid in cash on Friday from the day's takings. I know it's rare, but it still happens.

I used to love having cash at the end of the week in a little brown envelope, them came this technicology and internetworks, damn you :ph34r:

I used to get cash in hand on my summer jobs as a teenager. I used to help a local hotel and hoover the rooms and help them clean the kitchens for about £15 a day when I was 14. I also helped a painter/decorator with his ladders and stuff, sanding off old paint from window frames.

I wasn't claiming benefits though, but still got pocket money of my folks, not sure if this counts as fraud..

I used to get cash in hand on my summer jobs as a teenager. I used to help a local hotel and hoover the rooms and help them clean the kitchens for about £15 a day when I was 14. I also helped a painter/decorator with his ladders and stuff, sanding off old paint from window frames.

I wasn't claiming benefits though, but still got pocket money of my folks, not sure if this counts as fraud..

​yeah it does, I thought so much of you Mostyn and now, well its all gone ;)

Archived