Acro Gymnastics NDP Finals

Anag Ram

Just wanted to say from a purely selfish personal perspective that I have just had one of the longest, but most marvellous days of my life.

My grand-daughter and her partner were representing the South West in today's National Finals. Acro gymnastics involves two routines under the headings balance and tempo.

Going into the tempo round they held a narrow lead over, of all people, Derby City who had performed admirably.

They needed 27.34 to win having never before scored that for tempo in any competition. They scored 27.36 to win by 2/100 of a point.

We haven't got the smile of her face yet and you are the first of hundreds to hear this story from me.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to say from a purely selfish personal perspective that I have just had one of the longest, but most marvellous days of my life.

My grand-daughter and her partner were representing the South West in today's National Finals. Acro gymnastics involves two routines under the headings balance and tempo.

Going into the tempo round they held a narrow lead over, of all people, Derby City who had performed admirably.

They needed 27.34 to win having never before scored that for tempo in any competition. They scored 27.36 to win by 2/100 of a point.

We haven't got the smile of her face yet and you are the first of hundreds to hear this story from me.

Sorry buddy, but I think you are mistaking this for a "good news" forum.  Now move along please.

​Nice, will they go on to the olympics eventually?

​Nice, will they go on to the olympics eventually?

Unfortunately no, as things stand as acro gymnastics isn't currently an Olympic event. 

She will go on to the Nationals for age categories which is in November. She will by now have attracted the attention of GB coaches as she is only 11 and she is going to Lilleshall next week.

She really wants to join Cirque de Soleil.

Lofty ambitions but every time she is tested, she seems to come up with the goods.

It was so good to see all these kids doing something they love and have trained so hard for. There was great camaraderie amongst the teams, too.

Archived