Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defender.

Maybe Jota?

Sam Byram is a wide player, capable of playing as a wide midfielder and did so for Leeds at the back end of last season. Jota we've already been linked with haven't we?

Also regarding Byram, Sunderland are after him with talks of 8m so it won't be him anyway.

I'd say the most logical would be Ben Marshall. Highly-rated, Blackburn wouldn't sell him for cheap but I don't particularly think he's anything special. I'd be annoyed if we spent so much on him.

The point that i'm absolutely 100% guaranteed about is that they haven't played any senior international football

So you're saying every other point could be false? That would therefore also mean the criteria could be...

- Age is approx. 17 - 35
- Could be a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or attacker
- Plays in England, or any other country in the world
- Could have been a Premier League Player 2014/15
- Could be a Premier League Player 2015/16
- Not played senior International football
- Expected Transfer Fee of any figure.
- A player that you will or will not have heard of before
- Maybe been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
- Using logic, not from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough, or equally a from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Burnley?

Defender.

Maybe Jota?

He's a good player, but I can't see him costing 5mil+.

I can't realistically think of a player who would cost that. I don't see any point in spending that amount of a developing player, what would be the point? It would surely be a player who is ready to start every game, and if it is a wide player in England but not the PL then who?!

So you're saying every other point could be false? That would therefore also mean the criteria could be...

- Age is approx. 17 - 35
- Could be a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or attacker
- Plays in England, or any other country in the world
- Could have been a Premier League Player 2014/15
- Could be a Premier League Player 2015/16
- Expected Transfer Fee of any figure.
- A player that you will or will not have heard of before
- Maybe been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
- Using logic, not from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough, or equally a from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Burnley?

Not at all, but some are open to interpretation aren't they. I know that point is nailed on.

He's a good player, but I can't see him costing 5mil+.

I can't realistically think of a player who would cost that. I don't see any point in spending that amount of a developing player, what would be the point? It would surely be a player who is ready to start every game, and if it is a wide player in England but not the PL then who?!

I have to agree. If they're costing 5m+ and playing in England, it'll be a PL player or a championship winger who we're spending too much on.

Not at all, but some are open to interpretation aren't they. I know that point is nailed on.

So they could have played in the PL last year or are due to this year coming? Because that makes the list a lot easier and a lot more attractive.

If it's a player who will be playing in the PL next season, I assume that's a player from the teams promoted? If so, any good player will want to stick around for PL experience, so any players we do buy will be players who couldn't get into the squad or players who did but we have to spend way too much to get, which doesn't sound great to me.

So they could have played in the PL last year or are due to this year coming? Because that makes the list a lot easier and a lot more attractive.

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
He wasn't 100% sure on age of the top of his head, but knew they were under 26, but not too young
- Not a Defender, Described as a 'wide player'
I asked if a defender, he said no, but he would describe him as a 'wide player' (open to interpretation)
- Plays in England
100% plays in England
- Not a Premier League Player 2014/15 or 2015/16
I asked if they are at a premier league club, answer is no. I clarified does that mean the team weren't in the Premier League last season (2014/15) or next season (2015/16), he said 'put it this way, it doesn't make any difference'.
He wasn't sure if he had (because he may have dual nationality (to me that says he is English primarily), but checked and he definitely hasn't played any senior international football.
- Expected Transfer Fee of approx. £4m - £6m, might not break record, but likely.
Fee is highly likely to break the record, but may come just short if not.
- A player that you will have heard of before
He said that when you see it you will think 'why didn't i think of him', as you will recognise the player.
- Not been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
He hasn't seen him linked to Derby before, he says he doesn't check everywhere, but is confident he hasn't been linked in any of the major press.
- Using logic, not likely to be from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough
A point i added when trying to think of who it may be, he said it was good logic. He used Middlesbrough as the example.

Does that clarify things for you?

Just wanted to jump in with a few details that I have regarding the 'mystery' new record signing:

*provided by a reliable internal source*

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
- Not a Defender, Described as a 'wide player'
- Plays in England
- Not a Premier League Player 2014/15
- Not a Premier League Player 2015/16
- Expected Transfer Fee of approx. £4m - £6m, might not break record, but likely.
- A player that you will have heard of before
- Not been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
- Using logic, not likely to be from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough

Lua-Lua (as mentioned) would meet most criteria.

Some other names that *may* meet certain criteria:

Demarai Gray
Moses Odubajo
Peter Whittingham
Craig Noone
Joe Mason
Callum Harriott
Cauley Woodrow
Sean Scannell
Adam Hammill
Alex Mowatt
Michail Antonio
Ben Osborn
Tommy Rowe
Rajiv Van La Parra

Only Jota and arguably Pritchard fits the criteria. Spent far too much time on that.

Only Jota and arguably Pritchard fits the criteria. Spent far too much time on that.

Neither of them fit the criteria

Jota has been linked in the press

Pritchard is a Premier League player (no matter how much you try to convince yourself he isn't)

Neither of them fit the criteria

Jota has been linked in the press

Pritchard is a Premier League player (no matter how much you try to convince yourself he isn't)

Jesus H Christ!! After the pile of cack list you cam out with.  

He wasn't sure if he had (because he may have dual nationality (to me that says he is English primarily), but checked and he definitely hasn't played any senior international football.

Does that clarify things for you?

When you say 'checked and he definitely hasn't player any senior international football' does that mean either you or your source actually know the player we're supposedly after? If so let us know then it'll give everyone a much better idea on how realistic it would be, or how exciting the transfer would be.

When you say 'checked and he definitely hasn't player any senior international football' does that mean either you or your source actually know the player we're supposedly after? If so let us know then it'll give everyone a much better idea on how realistic it would be, or how exciting the transfer would be.

My source knows, he checked, but he won't tell me directly who it is

Jesus H Christ!! After the pile of cack list you cam out with.  

I didn't say that the players I posted met all of the criteria, you did. Nothing wrong with the list that i presented, it was (as i did say multiple times) a list of players that may meet certain criteria. As i also said, i can't find a player that meets them all, I had to look at those that meet a few of them to start with.

My source knows, he checked, but he won't tell me directly who it is

He's given you an awful lot of information though, surely a name wouldn't be much of a stretch further.

Just to clarify I'm not calling you a liar or saying you're wrong, I'm just curious to know who the player would be. As a new poster hopefully you understand that anyone could make an account and say they know things. It's not until the knowledge comes to fruition that the interrogation will stop. :D

Anyone who out Adam Hamill, Peter wittingham and most of the others are in the bracket of £4-6million players is clearly on a wind up. Sean scanell worth 4-6mill? Hahahahah

Do you think we paid to much for Ince and you are seeing if you get a few bites?

Archived