Derby v Nottingham

Perky1106

Do you think this World Cup bid will result in a battle of Derby v Nottingham to decide which of the two cities will make the 12? I don't think Leicester have much of a chance.

I'm not going to add a poll since there are Derby fans and red dogs who have an agenda. :rolleyes:

Just looking for realistic answers.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

derby is pretty much central to everywhere good travel links less likely to get shot already has a stadium that can be easily adapted to spec lots of newish / decent hotels that are all pretty central to the town centre obviously moor farm aswell could bu utilised for training ect and just coz we are better than them

Originally posted by vicky-27;31946

Agree with Dan

cos Nottingham is full of **** oh Nottingham is full of .................

They can't fill there stadium now - don't think they stand a chance.

Which is the reason Nottingham should get it so they can have a brand new big shiney stadium which they canna fill.

Originally posted by mcapple;32040

most forest fans dont want an ikea type stadium, i hope you get it. how proud will you be to get ghana v denmark or south korea v chile ?

enjoy

what?

you mean they want an old delapidated concrete shack that doesnt get used that often?

if that the case then how about yours?

high rise buildings , high rise slums, high rise gun crime ?

Originally posted by mcapple;32040

most forest fans dont want an ikea type stadium, i hope you get it. how proud will you be to get ghana v denmark or south korea v chile ?

enjoy

i'd like to see any world cup games at the holy land......you lot stick to the world shooting champs;)

Originally posted by froggg;32041

you off to hampden tonight mcapple??

no mate working down sarf at the moment, i dont think i would be welcome there. spoke to mt boy who informs me commons came on and was *****.........george b should have had a scout at the CG eh ?

feckin' owh dear!

Nottingham Forest's plans to build a new 45,000 capacity stadium have been quashed by the Nottinghamshire County Council.

Forest unveiled plans for the new stadium on Monday as part of the city's bid to become a host venue at the 2018 [url=http://topics.skysports.com/World+Cup/?section=football]World Cup.http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer

The new ground was meant to be built on land just a mile from the club's current City Ground home in Gamston.

However the local council, who own the greenbelt land in Gamston, have refused to back plans to build on the area.

"We've made it very clear we would only support a bid on the existing Forest site. Our land at Gamston is not for sale," County council leader Kay Cutts said.

"We don't believe that changing the location of our premier ground is a good move - it's bad for football, bad for business, bad for local people and risks scuppering our bid to be a World Cup city."

Forest chief executive [url=http://topics.skysports.com/Mark+Arthur/?section=football]Mark Arthurhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer has, however, declared that expanding the City Ground into a fully Fifa compliant stadium is not an option in terms of money and the extensive work it would take to transform the ground

Waaaaahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahhaahahahahhhhhahhahaahah!

Sucks to live in Nottingham. Though funnily enough Forest's ground isn't even in Nottingham. It's in West Bridgeford, Nottinghamshire. So for Nottingham to actually be a host city, a new stadium would have to be built in Nottingham or they would have to use Meadow Lane. Do you think the Arabs are thinking of expanding?

Archived