Eh!?

Howard Canitbé

I'm hoping I'm not repeating a previous thread too much, although I'm sure a lot of what's been said on here will have been said already.

I've been out of the country since the end of March which means I've missed the Watford, Wigan, Brentford and Blackpool games. 

I've come home to find the entire squad out of form, everyone on Twitter having a bit of a meltdown and fans and podcasters alike slating McClaren off (amongst other squad members).

Any chance somebody could sum up what's happened and why? All I know is that I'm never leaving the country again.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We drew 2-2 with Watford in a decent game, beat Wigan 1-0 in a tough closely fought contest, and then whimpered to defeat against Brentford- except they gave us a point for that match because Darren Bent that's why. We basically lost.

Oh and turned over Blackpool last night but fans are polarized on this one. One camp reckons it's a huge win for us and we were back to our best. Other camp says "it's only Blackpool". I'm somewhere in the middle. It was like watching a training match.

Wasn't the entire squad out of form before those four games? Wasn't everyone slating Mac and negative before you left? If anything the results have been better whilst you were away. Go away more, and this time NEVER COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the entire squad out of form before those four games? Wasn't everyone slating Mac and negative before you left? If anything the results have been better whilst you were away. Go away more, and this time NEVER COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

​Not to the degree they were after the Brentford game. Listened to the post-Brentford podcast this afternoon (as there wasn't a post-Blackpool) and if I'm honest I felt like topping myself there and then! Luckily a well-timed cup of tea saved me.

​Not to the degree they were after the Brentford game. Listened to the post-Brentford podcast this afternoon (as there wasn't a post-Blackpool) and if I'm honest I felt like topping myself there and then! Luckily a well-timed cup of tea saved me.

​To be honest I think it was because the brentford game was genuinely a woeful performance by Derby, arguably the worst of the season, the players just looked like any ounce of confidence had left them. Which was weird seen as we'd finally won about 3 days before. But martin looked really unfit and nachered after about 50 minutes, the midfield just couldn't get in the game and the defence at times looked panicky but did an okay job. Brentford should of won by at least 3 in all honesty, wasted so many chances. 

But we got a draw, is our luck turning? Yes it was only blackpool last night but we dam sure made a better job of it then Ipswich did 3 days before. A team with as low a confidence as we have been playing with could easily have been beaten by a Blackpool team with nothing to play for. 

We drew 2-2 with Watford in a decent game, beat Wigan 2-0 in a tough closely fought contest, and then whimpered to defeat against Brentford- except they gave us a point for that match because Darren Bent that's why. We basically lost.

​Fixed.

We drew 2-2 with Watford in a decent game, beat Wigan 1-0 in a tough closely fought contest, and then whimpered to defeat against Brentford- except they gave us a point for that match because Darren Bent that's why. We basically lost.

​Beat Wigan 2-0

I typo'd, sue me. 

​Dear Mrs Tombo:

It has been brought to our attention that our client eddie, henceforth referred to as the party of the first part......:P

Two and a bit weeks away and you can't keep in touch with progress of our beloved Rams. No internet, or phone contact with family of friends? Come on!  How hard can it be Howard Canitbe?

​You forgot the little accent above the e.

Archived