Thorne...

North_Stand_Ram

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=16&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110107547#Zg2XjIdb8vzMLeMS.97

Hopefully, some very good news. Although, if we are in a comfortable position (it's not looking likely), we should ease him in and build him up for the play offs...

For those who don't read the program, their was an excellent interview with Thorne. He's very articulate, and speaks a lot of sense. There was one answer which was fantastic to read, though:

Question: Do you look forward to the day when you don't have to talk about injuries?

Answer: I certainly do. I have spoken to my dad and my restore sensitives about, in the off-season, working on a plan where I am in shape across the summer. I want to do everything I can to avoid any injuries next year and be more proactive rather than reactive. Whether it's by coming in earlier for pre-season training or doing extra work, I will do what needs to be done. I will speak with the medical team as well as have programmes laid out for me, like the rest of the players, because I want to feel like I've contributed a bit more. It's hard because I don't feel like I've contributed enough because I've been injured; next year is important to me. 

Top bloke!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave him out of the team until the final if we get there if you ask me. If not we give autos a shot next year.

​I agree or at least the second leg of the play off semi at the earliest. No point rushing him back now, if we can't beat the likes of blackpool, millwall and reading (which i think will be enough to secure a play off place) without thorne then we shouldn't be in the top 6. 

Archived