Atmosphere at Selhurst Park

robglosta

Forgot to post something when I was watching the game, but the atmosphere for their game against City was absolutely electric.  I'd love to see us get the iPro Pride Park rocking with an atmosphere like that, it seemed to really spurr on the players. 

Does anyone know how they have improved things, or has it always been a decent atmosphere?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never been to Selhurst Park, but I have a Palace fan visiting this weekend, and I remember that the last time they played at PPS they brought great support, and it stuck in my mind how good an atmosphere they created singing all game long. I guess they are just a team with decent fans

I think the ipro would be the same v Man City.

Palace have all that ultra ****** going on. A few lads making noise with no words. It's where that Dale Cavese and stuff comes from. 

Their noise was ***** and then they made an effort to improve it which they have done in fairness if you like that sort of thing. So credit them for that. 

I don't class "whooooaa La la la" as atmosphere though.  It's noise. Might as well play a hoover out the speakers. An atmosphere to me is tension and passion. Some healthy aggression.

As a Londoner I've been there pretty much every time we played them even before they did the stadium up. Don't really like the club or the fans, when they were lingering in second division their fan base shrinks To a few thousand. Their biggest rival is charlton and they really close down south London when they play them. 

Archived