Accidental best Defence

Ahjames08

I thought we were poor at the back and lucky not to concede a goal. Largely thanks to an inept Wigan side.

If our defence plays the same against Brentford then we could see three or four put past us, so I wouldn't hide behind the result. 

The distribution from the back was unbelievable - the worst my mind will let me remember. In fact, both centre backs had a pass completion rate less than half. I wouldn't class that acceptable for anyone above pub standard personally, but each to their own. 

If we concede that much possession to a team that can hurt us then they will. Brentford's front four will think Christmas has come early if we have Forsyth and Albentosa giving them the ball straight back. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No other option defence.

is christie is dropped and shotton is injured who else can play right back other than keogh?

if keogh is Rb, and shotton and bucko and whitbread are injured who else can play CB other than albentosa and forsyth

etc etc.  

PistoldPete2

No other option defence.

is christie is dropped and shotton is injured who else can play right back other than keogh?

if keogh is Rb, and shotton and bucko and whitbread are injured who else can play CB other than albentosa and forsyth

etc etc.  

This defence given a few games would prove to be our last and worse option which it is. You start with Buxton and Keogh in the middle, Fossy at left and take it from there, I don't think we have had a right back since Brayford left.

PistoldPete2

Well maybe but I thought the point of this thread is that we have accidentally stumbled upon our best defence regardless of injuries . Which may also be true but all I say is judge it against a better team than wigan

Having seen it today , this is not our best defence they just played hoofball. 

Archived