Pre-match build up

WestKentRam

It's struck me when watching away games that some clubs, when both sets of players are out on the pitch warming up before the match, show clips on their big screens of the home team doing well/scoring/past successes. I've always thought this is a clever psychological ploy to boost the home players and intimidate ours.

It may only give a 'marginal gain' to reinforce the positive in the players. We don't seem to do this at home with the pre-match video often being general club news, and I'd like to see us try it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate having the speakers blaring out music. I remember them not switching them on for one game due to fan's suggesting it for better aptmosphere. Even I was all for it. They did it then no one sang was awkard as anything lol glad we put music back on since!

I like the Steve Bloomers watching kind of makes you proud watching the clip and everyone singing it.. Just a shame all the stands can't sing it properly.. Everyone around me finishes far to quick!

I hate having the speakers blaring out music. I remember them not switching them on for one game due to fan's suggesting it for better aptmosphere. Even I was all for it. They did it then no one sang was awkard as anything lol glad we put music back on since!

I like the Steve Bloomers watching kind of makes you proud watching the clip and everyone singing it.. Just a shame all the stands can't sing it properly.. Everyone around me finishes far to quick!

Archived