Our squad looks lethal!

Derbados

Phew, I thought you left Martin out and stuck Bent awkwardly up top. Good to hear you included Martin up top.

It would take an outright fool to do something as silly as to make an offer for leave Martin. out after he managed to become our first 20 goal a season striker since the mid 90s, and looks set to repeat that feat this season, something that I don't think has been done at the club for a very very long time.

I mean, we all know how lethal a player Bent can be, and how well he has performed in past seasons, but he was seemed on the decline, and as long as Martin is still doing the business you'd think it would be insane to drop him.

Bit harsh you called Bent our worst player though. He's only been here for a few weeks and has already bagged a match winning brace and a goal in the cup on debut. Give him time.

simplified. fixed. bang your gong, and bring it on. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simplified. fixed. bang your gong, and bring it on.

...I was hoping for a more clever response than that actually...

That was actually really disappointing, particularly as it demonstrates that you're measuring the quality of players by the offers made for them, when you have no idea if offers have or have no been made. I guess you'd put pretty much the entire squad on the rubbish pile by that measure though.

It's odd though, how utterly mad do you really have to be to have something against our top goal scorer in decades. The thing is, that he's not even one of those strikers who scores goals but little else, he's been absolutely vital in us going from mid table to battling for promotion.

I don't know, there are plenty of players that people can go "ah yeah, I just don't like 'em", but Martin simply isn't one of them. He is arguably the difference between us being promotion candidates or not.

Archived