Asian Cup 2015, Australia

Albert

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia are through, a 2-0 win over China.

Australia will face either Japan or the UAE.

The side recovered from a shaky start, particularly from back from injury Jedinak, win the match in the second half. Australia looked good in the second half, but beyond the magic of Cahill still lacked cutting edge. I don't think I've ever seen a better attacking header of the ball than Cahill, who despite his height (5'10") is magic in the air.

Anyhow:

cR7ZIpv

Iran 3-3 Iraq (6-7p)

Iraq are through, Iran are out. What an eventful match.

Iran go up, then down a man. Iraq equalise, it goes to extra time. Iraq go ahead early, only to concede late in the first half of extra time to let Iran back in. Iraq get a penalty with 5 minutes left, their captain and main penalty take doesn't take it. They score it though, 3-2 Iraq, against the ten men, 4 to play. Iran though weren't having any of it, they equalise again, 3-3.

Goes to penalties. Iran take first, and miss. Iraq miss their first kick. Then 6 consecutive successful penalties for each side, including Iraq's captain taking and scoring a penalty, using the cheeky chip that apparently lost him his penalty taking duties for the match. Iran finally hit the bar though, Iraq score and win.

Iraq are through. It's a Korea v Iraq semi-final.

Japan v UAE now.

And deservedly. Only one team in it. UAE have been woeful.

Japan missing chance after chance after chance.

Japan look absolutely shocking too. They have possession, but they aren't playing that well. They're just dinking it in and having a crack from distance. No cutting edge, and it shows with them still being out there, 1-1, with 112 minute splayed.

Japan look absolutely shocking too. They have possession, but they aren't playing that well. They're just dinking it in and having a crack from distance. No cutting edge, and it shows with them still being out there, 1-1, with 112 minute splayed.

From distance! You are serious?!

Japan have had numerous great chances in the penalty box, dominated possession and looked dangerous every time they've come forward.

Take that blindfold off. It's just bad luck they're not winning this 3 or 4 goals to one.

From distance! You are serious?!

Japan have had numerous great chances in the penalty box, dominated possession and looked dangerous every time they've come forward.

I swear we're watching different tournaments.

Japan have had plenty of the ball, but they look nothing of the team they used to, lack cutting edge, and it's seemed all a bit hit and hope. It's only what, 9 shots on target to 2, a great strike from both sides for the goals, though Japan at around 68% possession.

I don't doubt if they make it through they could go on to win the tournament, they just don't look convincing at this point.

It moves onto penalties.

I swear we're watching different tournaments.Japan have had plenty of the ball, but they look nothing of the team they used to, lack cutting edge, and it's seemed all a bit hit and hope. It's only what, 9 shots on target to 2, a great strike from both sides for the goals, though Japan at around 68% possession.I don't doubt if they make it through they could go on to win the tournament, they just don't look convincing at this point.It moves onto penalties.

I cannot remember watching a more one sided game in the last year.

I think Japan have played well as do the 200-300 hundred who are watching it here at a bar in Nagoya.

Most are pleased with the way they're playing.

I cannot remember watching a more one sided game in the last year.

I think Japan have played well as do the 200-300 hundred who are watching it here at a bar in Nagoya.

who are watching it here at a bar in Nagoya.

There's the reason.

Possession and passing wise the game was very similar to Australia v Korea (as in Australia were like Japan were), except Australia kept in down and build several very close cut chances, but ultimately didn't score.

Japan were unconvincing, and have gone home.

Japan 1-1p UAE (4-5)

ArOxslm

There's the reason.

Possession and passing wise the game was very similar to Australia v Korea (as in Australia were like Japan were), except Australia kept in down and build several very close cut chances, but ultimately didn't score.

Japan were unconvincing, and have gone home.

Japan 1-1p UAE (4-5)

Yes, they have gone home but I thought they played well.

Sometimes you don't get what you deserve in football.

You can stick 11 men behind the ball and play for PK's and these results happen.

It's a shame for the tournament.

Archived