Royal Mail

Phoenix

I just happened to notice this morning that the last collection for mail in the box near me is 9.00 A.M.

This means that it is virtually impossible to post a letter today, to arrive tomorrow, unless you do your days business at 4 a.m. or summat.

Added to that, the postal delivery arrives late afternoon to early evening, often as late as 7.30 p.m. I think 8.45 p.m. is the record, and that on a Saturday. I don't live in a remote country retreat, it's a sizeable town on a main 'A' road, and has it's own sorting office.

Don't you just love 'em.

And before I get the usual political point-scoring, this is no different at all to the service pre-privatisation.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, so when I get my post (at 6 p.m.) tonight, with a request for something that needs to with them tomorrow, I need to anticipate the receipt of the letter, and post my letter last night, in order for it to get there tomorrow.

Why didn't I think of that before?

Right, so when I get my post (at 6 p.m.) tonight, with a request for something that needs to with them tomorrow, I need to anticipate the receipt of the letter, and post my letter last night, in order for it to get there tomorrow.

Why didn't I think of that before?

this is why I'm admin ;)

Archived