Different teams for home and away games

Day

It's dangerous to concentrate on yourselves too much, essentially showing a lack of respect for your opposition.

The perfect example would be comparing Arsenal with Chelsea.

Wenger is a bullheaded manager who refuses to change his philosophy no matter who the opposition.

Mourinho is a pragmatic manager who changes his team to suit who they face. He is an expert at this. Sure you'll find the odd example of him being outclassed on the day (Barca 5 - 0 Real) but if he has his players on board with his philosophy his record in big matches is unbelievable. Often he does it by killing the game, meaning a poor spectacle, but you can't argue with his results.

I think it's important we don't get like Arsenal and we are malleable when we need to be.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK hands up, I have always advocated horses for courses, it's not about home or away though, it's about teams and their strengths and weaknesses, and getting a result.

As has been said on here some teams are strong in certain ways/areas some are weak, and I believe with our squad we are able to play a team to nullify or take advantage of those situations. Eustace/Omar, Shotton/Christie or Ibe/alternative etc are all examples we can exploit against teams as Bris, Duncanj and Dimm,Rampage,and Penelope have already eluded to (all profound thinkers)..... And I agree with

Archived