Trolling

Day

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really are some vindictive, malicious and spiteful people out there, who's sick thoughts go beyond the normal realms of expressing an opinion.

Mrsram is right, people should apply a bit of rational thought and distinguish if what they're saying is perhaps a badly worded opinion, or is from someone who thinks they can abuse, threaten or make awful personal comments about anyone they please without fear of the consequences because they think they can hide. Cowardly internet bullies who don't seem to grasp what is acceptable.

Each case is different, people respond differently to what others see as a simple throw-away comment but to be labelled a troll when you're not as we've seen can be devastating.

Wouldn't it be ideal if everyone just stopped and thought about what they're posting before pressing the button?

Bang on! I've been on receiving end and that sums it up perfectly

My sister opened accounts for her daughters on Facebook to play games when they was like 9 or 10, without telling her what I really thought I did say I was surprised to see them on there.....oh they only play games, got fed up of them using my account. What did kids do before Facebook?? Wasn't long before they were liking 1D pages and adding friends. Mental, really is.

Needs to be 18 or 21+, think about the kids that might still be alive if it wasn't for Facebook? Really is shocking but I guess they need their numbers to sell the ads.

Asides from parents blocking their kids,how could Facebook themselves stop non-adults from signing up? Just curious how you think they could because I dont know as don't kids just fake a birthdate when they sign up?

I think trolling is being used by politicians and media to mean " inappropriate use of the internet". Years ago, that just meant . Now it covers organised hate campaigns, random deranged conspiracy theorists, and other stuff. I think the lady who topped herself was a conspiracy theorist. But then she became the victim of an organised hate campaign, stoked up by sky as well as the internet media. Not sure what to make of all that , I'm generally in favour of free speech but I think the internet has been abused . The suicide lady was accused of being a troll, but the fact she topped herself just shows people can be very sensitive, take things personally, and things can end very very badly. What if the mccanns had topped themselves ? Don't abuse people randomly on the internet or anywhere else is the message. I will stick to abusing myself.

What if the mccanns had topped themselves ?

If people are waking up a bit to what is / is not appropriate to post then thats a good thing.

Isn't trolling just what the media do but with better language.

The media has printed some awful things about McCanns and has pretty much hounded them.

The woman who topped herself wrote things inspired by said media, then topped herself when the media began to hound her.

My 'favourite' story is when Anne Diamond's baby died and she asked the media to stay away from the funeral and The Sun/NOTW put a picture of the coffin on the front page. Another time they raked up a story about her killing someone in a road accident, one where she had already been found blameless. They did this as evil Anne Diamond dared to ask Murdoch in an interview about if he thought what he was doing was wrong.

It helps the media and their politican friends divert attention towards the sad activities of some internet bullies.

Archived