8 games in review

Ashz09

Forest's style and reliance on key players reminds me of Derby under Billy Davies - ableit they've probably got a better all-round team than what we had and more goals in them.

But Britt as Howard, Antonio as Barnes, Andy Reid as David Jones and Mancienne as Leacock and it has a familar touch.

I'd hate us to play that way, simply because that sort of football has a limit of something similar to Hull City right now. It can get you promoted, keep you up but it will always be a battle, not pretrty on the eye and an inevitable relegation.

Who seriosuly wants to watch their team with their backs against the wall for so long?

Our style however is much more akin to Southampton and Swansea, a style which has the base to go much further and be much more enjoyable.

On the Championship as a whole, it's a really average league again and Norwich aren't a particularly good side like Leicester were last season. They're a direct side who likes to get involved in a midfield battle, with the line being led by Cameron Jerome! - Again, it has its limits.

I'm so glad we have Mac at the helm and we play our style. We're going to have such a good season again this year with plenty of goals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are drawing too many at the moment.

We need to turn draws into wins.

I am hopeful that Ibe will make a difference.

We have not been as effective in the attacking midfield positions as we need to be.

There have been a few errors this season:

Playing hughesy deep or not at all

Playing Best in the wide attacking role - he has no pace, no tricks

Dropping Christie who has been our best player'

The improvements have been:

Christie

Ibe

Moving Dawks more central

Stronger squad.

We are getting better and hopefully we will soon be properly back in the saddle.

Ah, but you could argue we're turning losses into draws.

Cardiff is the best example. A couple of seasons ago we would have lost that, we wouldn't fight back from 2 down (not to mention its Cardiff).

Obviously we expect to win every game. But even the best teams loose the run of the green, and have a mad 10 minutes when they're suddenly 2 goals down. But the very best teams don't let it phase them, keep doing their thing and come back to draw or win.

You've got to accept that we'll draw a few during the season. I'd much rather our draws be draws that could easily have been losses, rather than draws that could easily have been wins.

Tiger beat me to it, we've only lost once so far and we are nearly at the end of September (including cup games against 2 teams in our division)

I looked at last season and if we swapped 5 of our wins for draws then we would have finished 5th instead of 3rd. However I think we are drawing games we may have lost last season (Cardiff, Wednesday away are two examples) so I think the key is consistency. At this stage of the season it's just about keeping the points ticking over, be it one point or three. During November/December/early January and then around Easter are the periods I expect us to push on in terms of wins if we are to challenge for automatics as I feel these are the most important times in the season.

But we don't rely on strikers for goals...

We have Russell, we have Ward, we have Bryson, we have Hendrick...

Antonio has started well but hasn't done anything consistent through his career... Lansbury likes an odd goal, but that's about it.

Archived