Savage to get new deal ?

vicky-27

Oh i do hope this is true.

ROBBIE Savage will sign a one-year extension to his Derby County deal early next week.

Midfielder Savage, who was farmed out on loan to Division One Brighton last season when he fell out of favour with former boss Paul Jewell, has impressed current Derby manager Nigel Clough.

Clough sees him as a dressing-room leader and Derby are ready to reward the former Wales international with a deal that will keep him at the club until he is 37.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope it's not true.

Don't get me wrong I like the guy but we need to be looking to replace him with someone with fresh legs. With Pringle and Mendy looking like they could be ready to push for a place in the first team we should be looking at these players to introduce fully next season.

He's also fecking old, he's already admitted his legs have gone and lets Green and Pearson do all the running. I'd rather get Pringle or Mendy introduced to the first team gradually alongside Pearson and Green.

Where has he admitted his legs have gone?

He said others said his legs are gone, but he said he has kept up with everybody in training and because of this, he feels he can go on another season at least.

Look, I'm right, so don't wait yer time.:cool:

Archived