Savage to get new deal ?

vicky-27

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I'm saying is let's see what he can do this season before extending it. If he can do well and prove he can still cut it over a full season then yeah extend it for another year if Mendy and Pringle are not ready to make the step up. As Cumbrian said as well he would have to take a pay cut as well. Why are we so desperate to extend it now?

What if he has a stormer? and we could really do with his experiance next term?

He could then demand more things or even move.

Get him signed up, on a reduced rate now. His future is then sorted and he can concentrate on his game.

simples

Originally posted by Boycie;27141

Will somebody tell David he's wrong Please.

DAVID you are wrong !!!

Sav is as fit as any of the lads in pre-season training - he hasnt missed a days training in 18 months and he says this was the best pre-season he has ever had. You should see him on the pitch helping the young lads along and gee-ing everyone up if we are loosing - we need him !

M'lady I'am not wrong, it's my opinion.

Savage has admitted on two occasions that I have seen his legs are gone, thats not me looking on from the sidelines or listening to other people, that's his own words.

When your 30+ you are more prone to injuries and when you pick up these injuries it takes longer to regain your fitness and in some cases (Stubbs) you don't. This season will be tough on Savage as we have a small squad so we are unable to rest players.

We have 2 young players in Mendy and Pringle who are desperate to get into the first team and show what they can do, we need to introduce these players slowly into first team action, hopefully they will be ready to play on a regular basis next season which will make Savage surpless to requirements.

I want players at Derby who can put a shift in for 90 minutes week in week out all season.

Originally posted by BARRman;27151

and if he gets crippled turn him nto a coach, he stays in the dressing room, and youd get his years of experiance

win win

That would be an idea as he the kind of person you want in the dressing room inspiring others although he has already said he is looking to go into the Media once his career is over.

Originally posted by David;27154

That would be an idea as he the kind of person you want in the dressing room inspiring others although he has already said he is looking to go into the Media once his career is over.

yeah but hes not the kind of guy who wouldnt see his contract out, or at least i dont think he is

im well aware of the media thing but for one season if it happens would only make him seem nicer

I can just see this backfiring on us come the end of the season thats all. The guy obviously loves Derby I'm sure he will realise at his age clubs should be wary with offering deals. Let him prove himself this season, IF he can keep up with the pace then offer him the extension on reduced wages. That in my opinion is a better win win.

Looks like we'l have to agree to disagree on this one.

Should of gone to specsavers ! are you kidding - he ran his heart out again today for the full 95 + minutes and put some great cruching tackles in. motm along with Croft.

There's only one Robbie Savage

He was joking !! when he said it.

Archived