Safe standing gaining momentum

Mountain Ram

Don't think that's quite true - whilst it is true to say some families will always argue against standing, there are some who say that standing did not kill the victims, other factors did.

But they are united in their view that standing could undermine the safety of fans (which has been very evident) since the Taylor recommendations. It has to be said that there have been no incidents at stadiums since, because it's one fan, one seat now, impossible to overcrowd, it'd be spotted straightaway.

But saying that however, the way safe standing is done, seats are still there, so entry rules would still be the same wouldn't they? One fan per seat? And the barriers would stop crushes occuring anyway. My view is standing in the seated areas as they are now can be seen as dangerous, there's nothing except the person in front to stop you falling which goes against arguments to stand up.

Safe standing barriers seem the common sense solution to me. Just change SS to standing, everywhere else seated.

So what's not quite true then from  my post? The Hillsborough families are against SS.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's not quite true then from my post? The Hillsborough families are against SS.

Not all of the families are against ss. That bit. Most are..but not all. So that bit isn't quite true.

Archived