Belper 0-3 Derby u21s

Srg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there last night and we dominated the game, they never really got near our goal, Belper have just got promotion and are now in the same league as Matlock and Ilkeston, which our first team couldnt impress against those 2 sides. Maclaren, Steele and Sam Rush where all watching which is great for the club and young players for them to make the effort to come and watch them

I must say though Tom Naylor was awesome and ran the game in CMD, to be honest and I have watched all our local pre season friendlies, he put one of the best performances in I have seen so far, he also marshalled the young team and dominated the whole game, some of his passing was top class, he defo stood out as a class player last night.

Naylor could be the option in CMD with Thorne being out for the rest of the season.

We had lots of chances and missed a peno and hit the bar from a cracking free kick, it was amazing and so refreshing to watch our young talent in brilliant form. 

Found his level and all that. Tom Naylor is not the answer to anything other than who's contract shall we mutually terminate.

Was you at Matlock and Ilkeston who play at the same level as Belper and and honestly say anyone stood out, and if you had been there last night you would have seen what I am commenting on. I dont think Naylor will be in our plans at RB or CD, but from his performance last night he must be tried in the first Xl at CMD. 

I was at Matlock, yes.

Naylor was below average in two loans in the lower leagues, playing week in week out and was unremarkable when he has turned out for the first XI. One friendly at Belper doesn't mean he's suddenly the answer to all our prayers at a position he's unfamiliar with - that's hyperbole in the extreme.

I was at Matlock, yes.

Naylor was below average in two loans in the lower leagues, playing week in week out and was unremarkable when he has turned out for the first XI. One friendly at Belper doesn't mean he's suddenly the answer to all our prayers at a position he's unfamiliar with - that's hyperbole in the extreme.

Once some fans have it in for a player no matter what the player does wont change their mind, and you seem to be of that category. Obviously you weren't there last night and can still make comments on what you didnt see. All I am pointing out is that Naylor should be given a run in the first team from that performance to see if he can muster it at CMD 

I don't have it in for him at all. You're taking one performance in isolation and running with it. I'm telling you the body of his work at levels of football not much higher than Belper has been rank average. That's not opinion, that's simply what it was. I have no doubt he had a good game last night, as you say, I wasn't there. But to claim we should give him several games in the first team during meaningful games during the season is crazy. We simply can't afford to experiment with guys who have clearly shown in the past they aren't up to standard. Do you think McClaren would be sending him to Belper on a Friday night if he was anywhere near the first team picture? It's not like he's 18/19 anymore either.

I was at Matlock, yes.

On the contrary:

"Found his level and all that. Tom Naylor is not the answer to anything other than who's contract shall we mutually terminate." is an excellent example of hyperbole in the extreme.

Gomez.. 

"9b1cd8128784fcd55a33dc1104d306a3" alt="9b1cd8128784fcd55a33dc1104d306a3">

Gomes...

"32aea61cba3b3be5e18f8eae6a693ea6" alt="32aea61cba3b3be5e18f8eae6a693ea6">

Gomez...

"cdb8f38fdfbc7b42e6c7b12f58b21b4e" alt="cdb8f38fdfbc7b42e6c7b12f58b21b4e">

Archived