Transfer Talk - Time for a change

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the most important board on the forum that ended up a complete mess with repeated puns over 20 pages with little discussion on the actual rumour.

Nobody can deny that the discussions have improved massively since the change, I was at the stage where I couldn't even use this forum to see what was going on, just marking the forum read and using other sites. That's not right surely?

This new system might not be perfect and I've openly asked for suggestions but nobody is coming up with any other than going back to the old system which didn't work.

I've sat and looked at it countless times and I still can't see how it can be called confusing and messy?? It takes you an extra second or two now to read the title where as it used to take 10 minutes to go through all the crap to find that one post that wasn't a pun.

The only way one thread per player works is if we start heavily moderating, removing puns and general chit chat between members, it needs members to think hold on, people are looking at this thread for transfer talk, I'll cut out the ****** we used to post.

It's the most important board on the forum that ended up a complete mess with repeated puns over 20 pages with little discussion on the actual rumour.

Nobody can deny that the discussions have improved massively since the change, I was at the stage where I couldn't even use this forum to see what was going on, just marking the forum read and using other sites. That's not right surely?

I've sat and looked at it countless times and I still can't see how it can be called confusing and messy?? It takes you an extra second or two now to read the title where as it used to take 10 minutes to go through all the crap to find that one post that wasn't a pun.

Spot on Daveo, it is much better.  I was in the same situation as you, which is why I'd bitched about all the punning before.

I only have a limited amount of time to waste spend on here, and the crap that was filling some of the threads meant that they'd become impossible to follow.

Bravo from me. :)

Batchelors Deli Box was launched with the aim of specifically appealing to women - containing less than 2% fat per box, in addition to being a convenient and satisfyingly light lunch that complements the busy lifestyle of the modern mum.

Archived