Mexico vs Croatia

Bris Vegas

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Mcsilks still thinks Mexico are a poor team?

Hey up Bris.... Just wanting a bit more info on the Mexican manager.... Is he held in high regard there? What clubs has he managed and what he's achieved? Is he a former player over there?

Also he has an uncanny resemblance to Nick Griffin whilst celebrating like Steve Evans.

Fun to watch! Love him whistling at players!

Hey up Bris.... Just wanting a bit more info on the Mexican manager.... Is he held in high regard there? What clubs has he managed and what he's achieved? Is he a former player over there?

Also he has an uncanny resemblance to Nick Griffin whilst celebrating like Steve Evans.

Fun to watch! Love him whistling at players!

The guy is awesome, a great manager.

Took Monterrey to two consecutive Mexican League finals (there are 18 teams in the league, top 8 play a playoff at the end to see which team wins overal.) But he lost both.

Then he took over Veracruz for a season and starved off relegation against all odds.

Then he took over minnows Atlante and finished fourth in the league, qualifying for the playoffs.

Then took over underachieving America (basically Mexico's Real Madrid) finished first in league plus won playoffs in his first season, before finishing first again the following season but lost in the final to a very good Leon side.

Took over Mexico when they were utterly useless, won the playoff against New Zealand 9-3 on agg. and obviously the World Cup.

People love him here. It's not just he's very good tactically, but he gets the best out of his players. Everyone wants to play for him, his passion for football is unrivalled and you can see from the goals scored against Croatia how he was mobbed by the players too.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up in La Lig at some point.

The guy is awesome, a great manager.

Took Monterrey to two consecutive Mexican League finals (there are 18 teams in the league, top 8 play a playoff at the end to see which team wins overal.) But he lost both.

Then he took over Veracruz for a season and starved off relegation against all odds.

Then he took over minnows Atlante and finished fourth in the league, qualifying for the playoffs.

Then took over underachieving America (basically Mexico's Real Madrid) finished first in league plus won playoffs in his first season, before finishing first again the following season but lost in the final to a very good Leon side.

Took over Mexico when they were utterly useless, won the playoff against New Zealand 9-3 on agg. and obviously the World Cup.

People love him here. It's not just he's very good tactically, but he gets the best out of his players. Everyone wants to play for him, his passion for football is unrivalled and you can see from the goals scored against Croatia how he was mobbed by the players too.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up in La Lig at some point.

Quality thanks for that....

I've enjoyed watching the football so far..... But he's been the most entertaining person to watch at the World Cup! Record speaks for itself! Hope he gets to Europe.... Judging by what you say wouldn't surprise me at mid to lower la liga or a top Portuguese side....

Quality thanks for that....

I've enjoyed watching the football so far..... But he's been the most entertaining person to watch at the World Cup! Record speaks for itself! Hope he gets to Europe.... Judging by what you say wouldn't surprise me at mid to lower la liga or a top Portuguese side....

He's still young too, only 46.

He could take a very similar route to Mexican boss Javier Aguirre, who coached Mexican teams Atlante and Pachuca before taking on Mexico for the 2002 WC where we reached the second phase.

Aguirre then moved to midtable La Liga side Osasuna, then to Atletico Madrid, Zaragoza and now Espanyol.

Miguel Herrera IMO will take a similar path, just depends how long he wants to stay as the Mexican boss for

Archived