Charity raffle...any ideas

Now then....Our friend has donated a signed Rams ball for raffling (all proceeds to go to the Poppy Appeal) and I'm interested in finding out when you lot think it would be best to have the raffle itself.

It will be held at the Identity Watch Shop in the intu/Westfield/Eagle centre (Stephen and Alison who own the shop and sponsor the timekeeping at the iPro made the donation) but when should it happen?

Any ideas welcome!

Perhaps maybe when Rangers are in town and too sloshed to realise they've bought 50 tickets each? ;)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps it's best to do it when the rangers fans are not around or they will sing hateful songs in the balls direction or worse still they may try and drink it !!

Either way It's a lose lose situation for the ball !!

On a more sensible note best to raffle it before Bryson and Keough go !!

Would they want lots of drunk rangers fans in the shop?

Selling raffle tickets is a raite pain. Regardless of the cause, when someone collars you with the " im selling raffle tickets" your heart sinks.

Good luck with it, it's a good cause, but a hard job.

Yes, them sweets that you get on counters with the honest boxes at the back. Mencap, who I do work for, tell me they get 12p for every pound they make.

Better than nowt I guess, but it shows you that charity is a money making racket, if you pardon the pun.

Some charity is a money making racket!

At least the Poppy Appeal is governed by Royal Charter which stops any charitable funds being used on anything other than beneficiaries. Perhaps all charities should follow the same model which might help prevent what's happened to some recently.

The top brass and staff wages of the British Legion are paid for by membership subscription, not by Joe Public who thinks their quid is all going to charitable efforts when in many cases, most of their money isn't.

I was a paid worker for a well known charity that is concerned for the aged, recently changed it's name to emphasize it is UK. It always bothered me just how nice and expensive the cars in the car park of the head office were. They definitely did a lot of good work and helped countless people but an awful lot of money did go to the management. I always put money in the RNLI tins but every time I do I think back to that car park.

Archived