Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was doing fine until Adam Smith and later Andre Wisdom came in to take his place. He's young, and he can do a job if we need him to. We've got Christie for now.

Think youve misunderstood what I was trying to say mate or I didnt explain properly, have nothing against christie nor am I saying he cant make it at 1st choice, just feel we need another one as I dont rste freeman. Anyway whats your views on the other 3 positions and player types I suggested?

All further additions will be loans to comply with FFP. I'm sure of that. If Sammon goes then x player will be our only other permanent signing. (I'm not ITK, it's just common sense.

I disagree here, as surely the play off money paid for thorne right? What about the players we let go? Surely we have that freed up money to use? We usually spend 1m or so anyway so im sure we will still have around 2m odd 2 spend

I disagree here, as surely the play off money paid for thorne right? What about the players we let go? Surely we have that freed up money to use? We usually spend 1m or so anyway so im sure we will still have around 2m odd 2 spend

Ramblur and others (The resident financial experts on the forum) said our budget was most likely I between 2.5-3 million. We don't know how much Thorne was, but I would be happy to say it was more than

Think youve misunderstood what I was trying to say mate or I didnt explain properly, have nothing against christie nor am I saying he cant make it at 1st choice, just feel we need another one as I dont rste freeman. Anyway whats your views on the other 3 positions and player types I suggested?

But the thing is, we can't afford to spend money on Gamboa or another RB, or spend money on Chris Wood. If we offloaded Freeman, who I think is still a decent young player with potential, where do we find another cheap option? Remember we have to comply with FFP and we've spent a few mil on Thorne now...

The positions you suggested are bang on, but like I said, with FFP they will most likely be loans from now on. So it all depends who is available. Not bad shouts, but Ibe for example has never been much of a goalscorer. 14 games for Birmingham last season and just 1 goal. Not convinced Eagles would be a good replacement for Bamford either. Can't see Eagles scoring vital goals in the same way Bamford could. Ball playing centre-half is a priority, but it is bottom of the list when you think we have Buxton, Keogh, Whitbread, O Brien and possibly Barker. Then we have Hanson in the academy who is having a good pre-season atm, so wouldn't be a bad shout. Striker, and then a winger are our main priorities.

But the truth is, we have no idea who is going to be available for loan. Sam, Steve and Chris will know more about that, so it's down to them really...

I suppose all these signings of players for development squad dont help the budget for first team, even though it makes long term sense. Not so sure about the figures because we got 3m for wembley alone... but hey ho... see what happens I suppose

But why should that 3m go straight back into the transfer budget? What about the bonuses for the key players who got us there in the first place? We would have paid out large bonuses to players, staff and execs for last years successes. And then how much of that 3m is going on wages as well? And improving the academy to take us to tier 1 status. And maintenance on the stadium and the training facilities. The clubs capital goes on more than just transfer fees.

If Steve Nicholson is saying we are after a winger and forward then considering he has hardly been told anything recently by the club I would say they are 2 positions we are openly going to fill.

I trust our current staff to bring in players who will improve us either on permanents or loans.

Personally I would go with...

Winger - Ibe / Eagles / Lingard

Forward - Wood / Wilson / Gallagher

But the thing is, we can't afford to spend money on Gamboa or another RB, or spend money on Chris Wood. If we offloaded Freeman, who I think is still a decent young player with potential, where do we find another cheap option? Remember we have to comply with FFP and we've spent a few mil on Thorne now... The positions you suggested are bang on, but like I said, with FFP they will most likely be loans from now on. So it all depends who is available. Not bad shouts, but Ibe for example has never been much of a goalscorer. 14 games for Birmingham last season and just 1 goal. Not convinced Eagles would be a good replacement for Bamford either. Can't see Eagles scoring vital goals in the same way Bamford could. Ball playing centre-half is a priority, but it is bottom of the list when you think we have Buxton, Keogh, Whitbread, O Brien and possibly Barker. Then we have Hanson in the academy who is having a good pre-season atm, so wouldn't be a bad shout. Striker, and then a winger are our main priorities. But the truth is, we have no idea who is going to be available for loan. Sam, Steve and Chris will know more about that, so it's down to them really...

Very detailed response, cant argue there to be fair, if we cant buy permanent players then my bad, thought we had a few bob left to spend yet, but seems to not be the case, so priority wise you are right it should read stk, wng, cbk, rbk, in that order... big thumbs up for your explanation though mate

Wages.

Worth sitting down and trying to negotiate with him though imo. He is free so no upfront fee makes us more flexible on wages. And he might be willing to lower his demands now that he is essentially unemployed right now.

Worst case scenario is we go into talks with him, he demands a ridiculous wage and refuses to back down from it, we tell him to sod off. Job done. Worth a try, no?

Chris Wood from Leicester as he will be down the pecking order now that they have signed Ulloa.

I would love to sign him on loan, really I would. I just doubt it. And how much of his wages will we have to pay? Will we be able to afford that?

Gamboa ffs he not coming...

Eagles no thanks too greedy and cocky.

Jenkinson would be decent loan for a season tbf

Lingard i'd take him on for a season

Woods yes I take him decent back up for Martin no problmeo

:D

Archived