Decent reaction.....

Mafiabob

Since Leicester P5 W3 D2 L0 F9 A6 PTS11

Please if I have got it wrong I will crawl under my rock again.

Seriously though. Shows how much the team has come on. Yes dropping points to Brum was a bugger but hey another decent run has come from an adverse result. Up the rams

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Leicester P5 W3 D2 L0 F9 A6 PTS11

Please if I have got it wrong I will crawl under my rock again.

Seriously though. Shows how much the team has come on. Yes dropping points to Brum was a bugger but hey another decent run has come from an adverse result. Up the rams

Our team spirit is pretty exceptional right now. I think huge credit to Nige for bringing in the right characters and creating a good atmosphere around the place and to SM and team for adding to that with hungry youngsters, whilst maintaining to core of the side.

Could have gone t1ts up with a new manager coming in and changing too much too soon but it's absolutely clear they're all working as a unit and have the hunger to make up for their mistakes.

Bodes well for the rest of the season, at times it's not going to be pretty but I think that togetherness puts us in a great position to finish strongly...

Our team spirit is pretty exceptional right now. I think huge credit to Nige for bringing in the right characters and creating a good atmosphere around the place and to SM and team for adding to that with hungry youngsters, whilst maintaining to core of the side.

Could have gone t1ts up with a new manager coming in and changing too much too soon but it's absolutely clear they're all working as a unit and have the hunger to make up for their mistakes.

Bodes well for the rest of the season, at times it's not going to be pretty but I think that togetherness puts us in a great position to finish strongly...

I do think a drubbing like the Leicester game.... In the past we could quite easily get turned over 4/5 on the spin. Bloody different side now and I'm enjoying it!

people need to remember, and I said this to an Arsenal fan on Saturday, drubbing or not, you still only allowed 3 points to go to the opposition. It's the reaction after that counts!

There's no difference in the grand scheme of things, losing 0-1 or losing 0-10. Goal difference has probably never affected Derby County in over 130 years!

I went to the game last night with my Dad - he lives in Skeg and only manages to get to a couple of game a season. On the way out we were discussing just how much we owe Nigel Clough for this current situation. Harry has a decent side because he has huge recources to play with. We have an equally good team, in large part, because Nigel found some real gems for a relative set of songs. Sometimes the football under Nigel was as good as the stuff we've seen under Steve McClaren.

Yet the reaction to the Leicester defeat for me typifies why Nigel is not quite a top drawer manager. Nigel would have reverted to his 'safe' grind out results tactics and gone on a run of games without a win. Nigel's bih flaw is his tendency to view negative as safe and revert to it whenever he comes under pressure. McClaren changed very little and kept positive. As a result we're bothered about what the top three are doing, rather than the bottom three.

Nigel built a supercar and then drove it like a granny...Steve McClaren now has the keys and he's driving like he stole it. :D

Archived