Following on from DET article: Pick your side.

Ambitious

I've watched a lot of football this season, football league especially.

There is very few defenders I rate more that I have seen, Morrison, Hobbs and Maguire that's about it.

As I said, one shred of evidence that he is under average in this division and I'll never talk about him again - it just perplexes me because I just don't see it at all, I've come away from 3/4 games this season thinking he has disappointed me.. with Keogh, I think i've come away from about 8/9 games thinking he hasn't disappointed me... huge difference.

Did Bucko do anything wrong in this game !http://youtu.be/Tq14BVbNFB8

And this game did Jake and the defense struggle at all

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched a lot of football this season, football league especially.

There is very few defenders I rate more that I have seen, Morrison, Hobbs and Maguire that's about it.

As I said, one shred of evidence that he is under average in this division and I'll never talk about him again - it just perplexes me because I just don't see it at all, I've come away from 3/4 games this season thinking he has disappointed me.. with Keogh, I think i've come away from about 8/9 games thinking he hasn't disappointed me... huge difference.

No doubt it's his best season an agree with that. But maybe the shred of evidence you require might be based in your post. Keogh has disappointed you more. Maybe because we as fans think Keogh is the much better defender, and has better technique? I do think they are two totally different types of player. One a battering ram of a defender (no pun intended) or a player who reads the game a level higher to the other. I'm not doubting Buxtons commitment honesty endeavour, and I do believe his technique has improved loads. I just think Keogh is the better player. I imagine we might go round in circles as we have totally different opinions! But hey ho. That's what a forum should be about I suppose :)

Pretty much agree with your comment. As much as I like Buxton I can't see him being in first team next season whatever division we were in.

Also slightly off tangent but I remember people wondering how he got another contract when he was out injured for a long time a couple of seasons ago. He was thought of along the likes of Saul Deeney.

Yes for sure he's been bloody brilliant this season but I do feel he has to play out of his skin I everytime to stay close or in the side. Hope that made sense in perverse kind of way.

Shouldn't all of the players 'play out of their skin'????

Shouldn't all of the players 'play out of their skin'????

That I agree with. But with some players of all sports. Class can carry them through at times.

No doubt it's his best season an agree with that. But maybe the shred of evidence you require might be based in your post. Keogh has disappointed you more. Maybe because we as fans think Keogh is the much better defender, and has better technique? I do think they are two totally different types of player. One a battering ram of a defender (no pun intended) or a player who reads the game a level higher to the other. I'm not doubting Buxtons commitment honesty endeavour, and I do believe his technique has improved loads. I just think Keogh is the better player. I imagine we might go round in circles as we have totally different opinions! But hey ho. That's what a forum should be about I suppose :)

Sorry to butt in old boy but if you just consider that Buxton is a 'Battering Ram' of a player then you need to open your eyes. His reading of a game is excellent as is his control of the ball. His passing is way, way ahead of his current partner. I can understand the Rambling Curtains saying stuff like this as he wants the attention (but is only bright enough to concentrate on one person at a time), but watch the player, you will be pleasantly surprised at his ability.

Sorry to butt in old boy but if you just consider that Buxton is a 'Battering Ram' of a player then you need to open your eyes. His reading of a game is excellent as is his control of the ball. His passing is way, way ahead of his current partner. I can understand the Rambling Curtains saying stuff like this as he wants the attention (but is only bright enough to concentrate on one person at a time), but watch the player, you will be pleasantly surprised at his ability.

I do an I come to the same conclusion as Curtains. Sorry fella! :)

Are you real or what is that the only way you can win an argument.http://youtu.be/LfZAbtFUgDg. ..

Really don't get this Buxton thing I really don't. He's just an average centre back that's all for me and it's my opinion it'll never change. Don't forget I was spoilt with the likes of Todd and Roy Mac and Stimac.

Hendrick did nothing wrong when he came on at Brum yet people were trying to blame him for the Brum 2nd goal and that's really fickle it was Bamfords bad pass and then the defense just didn't defend .

The 3rd Brum goal was a complete defensive cock up from a corner end of and on Brums 1st goal the scorer had a massive free header and so much space it was unbelievable where were the CBs!

How did Hendrick play v Leicester? What was his last standout game?

How did Hendrick play v Leicester? What was his last standout game?

To be fair was virtually player of the year last season. Admittedly not great this season

My point is statistics can be manipulated with highlights and they don't always assess individual performances. If you look at a lot of these highlights you could come to many conclusions about individual players and who made mistakes etc etc .

The Opta index I also believe is not the be all and end all. I'm sure Alex Ferguson didn't give it much credence.

I think people need to base how good a team are by watching them for 90 minutes over many games only then can you really judge a trend about the way things are going . ie team ethic , effort, skill ,tactics etc etc.

As regards certain players peoples views will differ.

Overall the Rams have been very good this season but they still need to improve and how they go about that is mostly opinion based.

Most RAMs fans rate Bucko but I still have doubts about him myself but I also have some doubts about Keogh at times .

Basically we attack very well but defensively the Rams need to tighten up let's hope it happens aginst QPR

Archived