George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

However this eventually plays out, george thorne has gone even higher in my estimations.

He is showing real desire to join us.

Future captain.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you think we should roll over and accept £900,000 for a 21 year old midfielder who was the best midfielder in the championship at the end of the season? 

Until a bid has come in which will benefit WBA of course we will say he's not for sale. 

Christ, he played 10 games for us and his valuation triples? Quadruples?! What would he have cost had he not had half a dozen decent games for us?

What if there is no-one that meets your valuation; do you just hold him back until his contract ends or Peace's pride subsides?

Come on, let's face facts.

He's proved to us he's the dog nads. West brom know this.

What do we expect? Come on, if the boot was on the other foot we'd be taking the same stance as the Baggie lot.

Sorry for giving it some realism. But it's a fact.

I think he will cost us serious corn. Due to the fact he has stated he wants to come to us. That is a serious negative with a guy who signed a long term contract in jan.

Anyway,

Back to the puns and ******.

So you think we should roll over and accept £900,000 for a 21 year old midfielder who was the best midfielder in the championship at the end of the season? 

Until a bid has come in which will benefit WBA of course we will say he's not for sale.

We accept that our bid was a bit of an insult.

Must do better.

i borrow a car , i like the car , i offer £????.?? for the car , the car is not for sale .

but you don't need the car , you don't use it , sell it me..

look mate , i lent you the car in good faith , regardless of whether i use it or not , its not for sale !!

Do i increase my offer , or move on ?

Come on, let's face facts.

He's proved to us he's the dog nads. West brom know this.

What do we expect? Come on, if the boot was on the other foot we'd be taking the same stance as the Baggie lot.

Sorry for giving it some realism. But it's a fact.

I think he will cost us serious corn. Due to the fact he has stated he wants to come to us. That is a serious negative with a guy who signed a long term contract in jan.

Anyway,

Back to the puns and ******.

Its not a negative.

Obviously something changed AFTER he signed the contract.

i borrow a car , i like the car , i offer £????.?? for the car , the car is not for sale .

but you don't need the car , you don't use it , sell it me..

look mate , i lent you the car in good faith , regardless of whether i use it or not , its not for sale !!

Do i increase my offer , or move on ?

My mum is selling her Fiat Punto if you're interested.

Christ, he played 10 games for us and his valuation triples? Quadruples?! What would he have cost had he not had half a dozen decent games for us?

What if there is no-one that meets your valuation; do you just hold him back until his contract ends or Peace's pride subsides?

Makes me laugh, when I read through this forum when Thorne was getting MOTM every week everyone was raving about him. Now he's back at WBA and you want him permanently you expect to pick him up for next to nothing. Doesn't work like that bud. 

It's fairly obvious how desperate Derby are to sign him. For what it's worth i'd say 3 million is a realistic fee for him. 

Makes me laugh, when I read through this forum when Thorne was getting MOTM every week everyone was raving about him. Now he's back at WBA and you want him permanently you expect to pick him up for next to nothing. Doesn't work like that bud. 

It's fairly obvious how desperate Derby are to sign him. For what it's worth i'd say 3 million is a realistic fee for him. 

I think you will find a fair few people on here value him around £3mil as well. Its just not brilliant how both clubs are acting with this transfer prolonging the agony. 

I think you will find a fair few people on hear value him around £3mil as well. Its just not brilliant how both clubs are acting with this transfer prolonging the agony. 

It was never going to be a straight forward transfer after Thorne decided to do that idiotic interview. 

It was never going to be a straight forward transfer after Thorne decided to do that idiotic interview. 

He obviously did it for a reason. If this JP is so stubborn, the way he is acting maybe be this is the only way out of a club he clearly doesnt want to be at.

He obviously did it for a reason. If this JP is so stubborn, the way he is acting maybe be this is the only way out of a club he clearly doesnt want to be at.

He hasn't helped himself with his comments. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be at WBA but surely he seen after the Odemwingie situation that our chairman doesn't take these kind of things well. 

He could have gone about it differently instead of trash talking the club which had nurtured him and paid for his medical bills after a career threatening injury. 

He hasn't helped himself with his comments. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be at WBA but surely he seen after the Odemwingie situation that our chairman doesn't take these kind of things well. 

He could have gone about it differently instead of trash talking the club which had nurtured him and paid for his medical bills after a career threatening injury. 

This chairman sounds like a spoilt child with his 'if i cant have him no one can' attitude. 

Archived