George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Check how many players WBA sell in a window where we state that player is not for sale. Please, go try find one as I tell you now you won't find one

"http://i.gyazo.com/fabca98e833418ddea4dcb5585eb1a15" alt="fabca98e833418ddea4dcb5585eb1a15">

You then loaned him to Fulham with a view to buy. You'll probably say you didn't sell him in the same window but loaning a player out with an agreed figure to buy is basically selling him. Well that took me all of 5 minutes to find  :lol:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has I pointed out earlier our WBA friend your technical director does not choose which players to sell or buy and currently his masters say they are selling nobody.Do not get into thinking that players are bought and coaches told get on with it apart from managerial changes outside transfer windows.

When you finally get around to appointing a new head coach he will make the call on who to sell and who to buy and the technical guy gerts on with it.But you guys seem to think your chairman conducts transfers so talking about terry burton doing so is not relevant.

Not saying Thorne will come/stay or go elsewhere but Derby can keeping making offers for him and so can anyone else.Just the same has buying anything there comes a time when the price offered matches what is considered good value by the seller.

Has I pointed out earlier our WBA friend your technical director does not choose which players to sell or buy and currently his masters say they are selling nobody.Do not get into thinking that players are bought and coaches told get on with it apart from managerial changes outside transfer windows.

When you finally get around to appointing a new head coach he will make the call on who to sell and who to buy and the technical guy gerts on with it.But you guys seem to think your chairman conducts transfers so talking about terry burton doing so is not relevant.

Not saying Thorne will come/stay or go elsewhere but Derby can keeping making offers for him and so can anyone else.Just the same has buying anything there comes a time when the price offered matches what is considered good value by the seller.

I can catergorically tell you it is our technical director who makes ALL these decisions, no matter who the head coach is?

That was a Peace special and it was hilarious as Fulham fans thought it was a loan with an option to buy thinking they'd get him cheaper a year later if he played well, instead of the £5m agreed fee.

Let's be honest, you trying to buy Thorne is like someone on benefits trying to buy their food in Harrods food hall instead of Aldi's :D

I'm beginning to wonder whether this fella is Zoltan back from the land of ban. Seems to possess some startlingly similar characteristics to our friend who spoke ill of Clough senior god rest his soul. Are you Zoltan?

I'm beginning to wonder whether this fella is Zoltan back from the land of ban. Seems to possess some startlingly similar characteristics to our friend who spoke ill of Clough senior god rest his soul. Are you Zoltan?

Believe me no WBA fan would speak ill of the Forest legend Brian Clough.

That was a Peace special and it was hilarious as Fulham fans thought it was a loan with an option to buy thinking they'd get him cheaper a year later if he played well, instead of the £5m agreed fee.

Let's be honest, you trying to buy Thorne is like someone on benefits trying to buy their food in Harrods food hall instead of Aldi's :D

Harrods food hall is quite reasonably priced I'll have you know...

Anyway Baggie79 you're obviously ITK, what is the big man 'JP's asking price for Thorne pray tell?

As I said previously, the decision is with The Technical director not the new coach. And he said no.

You lot remind me of Kevin and Perry desperate for a sh@g and the girl says no.

Remember, no means NO :)

So the new coach has no say in the players at all? No way would Tim "The Banter Master" Sherwood tolerate that. What happens to those players the coach can't work with? Does he just shut up and put up? But if you get a coach that works with that, good for you.

By no means am I desperate. Thorne might be a player we want and as it stands it seems he wants to be here, but I trust in us to find an alternative should it not happen.

I do find your high and mighty stance rather bemusing, the baggies, premier league giants. I mean Derby are no giants, but at least we are moving in the right direction. Surely a club of your fantastic stature has plenty of players as good as Thorne?

Yeah to be fair we are quit poor. I mean, Brett Wilson who owns just 25% of Derby is only worth 1.5 billion dollars, I'm just not sure how we'd scrape together the 3 or 4 million for Thorne  :angry:

No mate, this is the first time I have been on this board. I used to post on rivals which was good fun with the banter.

I have full respect for the late Brian Clougjh and had hoped at the time he had been appointed England manager.

No offence, but comparing yourselves to harrods? Would rather aldi in that case. I enjoyed last season and would love the same style of play again, not sure you can say the same...

Harrods food hall is quite reasonably priced I'll have you know...

Anyway Baggie79 you're obviously ITK, what is the big man 'JP's asking price for Thorne pray tell?

£8m plus add ons, your guys just wont pay it so game over unless there is a party that backs down.

When did WBA become such a big club? ;-)

Yeah to be fair we are quit poor. I mean, Brett Wilson who owns just 25% of Derby is only worth 1.5 billion dollars, I'm just not sure how we'd scrape together the 3 or 4 million for Thorne :angry:

Let's hope he can buy you more than 11 points if you make the leap ;)

Archived