George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

I remember when schteve was at Middlesboro and they wanted a player from arsenal.

They said ' we are offering £2m, we won't be increasing our offer. We feel thats what he is worth. If arsenal reject it then thats ok, we are not going to fall out with them. But we hope they will accept."

They did the deal.

Our bid has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

Its like me trying to get you to sell me a pint for 50p.

Is that the same Middlesbrough who ended up owing their owner a fortune, getting relegated and having to sort their **** out ever since?

To be honest, whilst I don't agree with throwing in rubbish all summer, starting at a value well within reach for a player who has no fixed value is just common sense.

Can't believe what you're honestly suggesting. I'm glad you're not my financial advisor, I'd be living out of a box by now if you were.

You can't use that analogy because a pint of beer as a fixed price.

George Thorne doesn't have a fixed price. You don't know it, Derby don't know and I very much doubt that even WBA know it.

So why would we offer our whole budget as a starting offer?

A bid of under £1m is a joke.

The only financial adviser who will think that this has any merit would be Arthur Daley.

A bid of under £1m is a joke.

The only financial adviser who will think that this has any merit would be Arthur Daley.

Tell me George Thorne's price then, if you're so fixed up and the bid is such a joke.

What percentage have we just offered of his real price? 20%?

From what I've read, WBA are not selling ANY players. I assume that might change when you get a manager.

I don't understand what you want to do with Thorne. Leave him to rot for 3 years and he'll eventually go for nothing? That's pathetic.

I think you're manager will have to come to a decision with him. Include him or drop him.

Not sure it's going to work out like that. With our set up the head coach picks the team, he doesn't buy or sell players, just identifies the 'type' of player he needs and the DoF scurries off and does a Moneyball job on it.

One of the main reasons for our success the season before last was the pairing of Mulumbu with the then unknown quantity of Claudio Jacob. I think it's fair to say that either Jacob's form fell away or he just got sussed last season.

But getting to the point, I don't think Thorne will rot in the reserves, I think he'll start with Mulumbu in the middle.

Stupid offer to be honest! A bid of 2 mill will get him I believe! He has had a bad injury and WBA will snap our hands off for that price! The next offer should be 2 mill plus add ons!!

WBA won't let him go I'm almost sure.

The Rams need to move on.

Bris mate i'm not going to get into an endless argument, but .....

The point is that Boro offered what they could afford and made a serious bid.

A bid of less than £1m to a premier league club is hardly going to do the job is it?

As for value, how much is will hughes worth?

How much is hendrick worth?

Assume they are on a 3 year contract

Would you take £950k?

No.

Really?

I remember when schteve was at Middlesboro and they wanted a player from arsenal.

They said ' we are offering £2m, we won't be increasing our offer. We feel thats what he is worth. If arsenal reject it then thats ok, we are not going to fall out with them. But we hope they will accept."

They did the deal.

If they won't quote us how much they want we have to make a bid to see if they will negotiate, we will probably go in for a bid of about £1.5m-1.8m to see if it will change their stance.

If we bid 4m straight away and they were only looking for 3m we have wasted 1m which could have got us Wisdom on loan for the season again so we would have to play Freeman there instead (or someone on the cheap)

The Rams were doing ok before Thorne came in to the team.

Hendrick had as much influence as Thorne at latter end of the season.

Thorne is not the only midfielder worth his salt in the WORLD is he !

Hughes and Bryson are also vital for the Rams.

What happens of the new manager at west brom doesn't want Thorne? Then he will be available. Or of course the opposite if he wants him to start every week I'm sure Thorne will change his mind and want to stay. Thats the world we all live in and it's a waste of time panicking about it. I really like Thorne as a player but we were doing well before he came into the team and I would back Steve mc to find the right player if Thorne isn't available.

We bided 1M they'll probably be stubborn and say not for sale "but hey 4M doesn't sound too bad" we'll come back and say 1.5M they'll say 3M we'll offer 2M and say final offer.. They'll push for 500K more.. We'll take the deal. If WBA are too stubborn to sell we move on and find a talent like Thorne somewhere nobodies heard of. Regardless have faith in the board, there's a reason they work for DCFC and we spend our time on forums. I'm more focused on who we get on loan as that'll create more of a buzz than anything.

Nah mate, I once saw a house on the market. It was falling down, made of asbestos, only on about a third of the land of the other houses on the street and the median value at sale for the street was $210,000. But I had $500,000 budgeted for, and I wanted a house, so I just chucked $500,000 at them. After some tough negotiating we settled on $675,000. Not sure I can afford the payments, but I had to be all serious like about my interest.

Bloody upside-down land.

Stubborness?

He's a product of the academy.

He's been loaned out to Posh and Pompey to build him up.

He was breaking into the first team before a crutiate knee ligament injury.

Loaned him out to Watford and yourselves for game time and fitness proving.

Signed a three year deal + one year option in the clubs favour (I think?)

He could well be our future captain.

I think he'll start for us next season but I guess we could loan him out again, though I'd be surprised.

I'd be amazed if we sold him though £4m might do it.

Stubborness?

He's a product of the academy.

He's been loaned out to Posh and Pompey to build him up.

He was breaking into the first team before a crutiate knee ligament injury.

Loaned him out to Watford and yourselves for game time and fitness proving.

Signed a three year deal + one year option in the clubs favour (I think?)

He could well be our future captain.

I think he'll start for us next season but I guess we could loan him out again, though I'd be surprised.

I'd be amazed if we sold him though £4m might do it.

Hes good but would struggle week in week out in Prem.

Steve has improved him but only to play in the Rams system.

Archived