George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Chill lads. The transfer markets only been open 17 days. I garuantee that we will sign someone from somewhere that can be considered an addition to our squad before deadline day. #ITK

Cyrus Christie.

But people want Michael Mancienne because he was ok 5 years ago

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Steve Nicholson said we are in talks with Hughes and Bryson a week after Wembley.

And it was easy to predict 4 year contract for Hughes after Craig Forsyth's extension (the same legnth).

Didn't see anything about a Hughes contract.

He got the exact timing on both too. Both were announced within days of his info?

I thought a lot of this thread was joking about.

If people really are getting stressed... jeez.

It's mid July. Players are at their highest prices right now. Who knows what exchanges are being made between Derby and WBA. Who knows how many pies Derby have fingers in. Maybe none. Maybe ten

You'd have us rush out and pay top whack for numerous players? Great strategy.

Why don't you wait, see what we look like for the season and then see what we look like when the window closes. You have no idea what Derby are doing. How hard they are working. You can make that judgement when the season starts.

Maybe McClaren doesn't want ten new faces. Maybe he's happy with what he's got? Maybe he won't pay

That sounds far to sensible an opinion for this thread! ;)

I thought we were all joking about. Yes we want Thorne but I thought the extravagance was tongue in cheek.

Some people are actually frustrated. Like you said, 17 days into the window. AND we've signed players anyway!

If we miss out on Thorne then we'll actually still exist as a club.

He only played 12 games at the end of the season. Good as he is.

People will proper lose their **** if we get raided Southampton style. What can you do when a club comes and offers your players treble wages?

I thought a lot of this thread was joking about.

If people really are getting stressed... jeez.

It's mid July. Players are at their highest prices right now. Who knows what exchanges are being made between Derby and WBA. Who knows how many pies Derby have fingers in. Maybe none. Maybe ten

You'd have us rush out and pay top whack for numerous players? Great strategy.

Why don't you wait, see what we look like for the season and then see what we look like when the window closes. You have no idea what Derby are doing. How hard they are working. You can make that judgement when the season starts.

Maybe McClaren doesn't want ten new faces. Maybe he's happy with what he's got? Maybe he won't pay

What? Steve Nicholson said we are in talks with Hughes and Bryson a week after Wembley.

And it was easy to predict 4 year contract for Hughes after Craig Forsyth's extension (the same legnth).

Instead of slagging mackworth off mate,tell us what you know then!

You seem to add very little,other than to slate people

You stick your neck out,with some predictions

What's the rush? Why today?

Can't force WBA to sell.

The rush is its been going on for 6 weeks... fair enough if there is no deal then rush should come out and say so, rather than leaving us all baffled and speculating.... they off to america today and if it doesnt happen we deserve as fans to know why

I thought we were all joking about. Yes we want Thorne but I thought the extravagance was tongue in cheek.

Some people are actually frustrated. Like you said, 17 days into the window. AND we've signed players anyway!

If we miss out on Thorne then we'll actually still exist as a club.

He only played 12 games at the end of the season. Good as he is.

People will proper lose their **** if we get raided Southampton style. What can you do when a club comes and offers your players treble wages?

Senior folk at the club would be extremely surprised if the deal didn't go ahead. As of a coversation I had last night, everyone at the iPro is very confident Thorne will sign, WBA as we know are not just driving a hard bargain but also seem keen to string this out for their own purposes. In principal things are there, but we are in West Brom's hands to an extent. I was quite surprised how relaxed it all sounded. Rather at odds with the hysteria on here!

Instead of slagging mackworth off mate,tell us what you know then!

You seem to add very little,other than to slate people

You stick your neck out,with some predictions

You are right. I know **** all. That's why i do not spouting **** like "I've been told...", "he'll sign this week..." e.t.c.

The rush is its been going on for 6 weeks... fair enough if there is no deal then rush should come out and say so, rather than leaving us all baffled and speculating.... they off to america today and if it doesnt happen we deserve as fans to know why

They want George Thorne

WBA don't want to sell

Thorne has asked to leave

WBA said no.

Derby still hope to negotiate something.

What's wrong with that? Why do we need to know more? What are we going to do with more info

If Derby tell us their targets and miss out then they get frustrated fans on their hands.

If Derby say nothing then they get frustrated fans on their hands.

Would everyone feel better if Rush said we're not getting Thorne?

They have to balance news very carefully. Announcing giving up on Thorne would need to come with positive news. Or you get silly board out protests.

At the end of the day this is somebody else's real money. It's a very serious business.

You are right. I know **** all. That's why i do not spouting **** like "I've been told...", "he'll sign this week..." e.t.c.

I think the majority of people on the forum mate,enjoy what the guy has to say,and if some things don't come off,is it seriously that much of an issue!

Does it really warrant slagging him off??

Senior folk at the club would be extremely surprised if the deal didn't go ahead. As of a coversation I had last night, everyone at the iPro is very confident Thorne will sign, WBA as we know are not just driving a hard bargain but also seem keen to string this out for their own purposes. In principal things are there, but we are in West Brom's hands to an extent. I was quite surprised how relaxed it all sounded. Rather at odds with the hysteria on here!

Good to know mate.

As a person that hasn't got a clue what's going on I have felt confident since his transfer request. Even more so when the WBA line went from "not for sale" to "not for sale....... unless the price is right"

I don't care when he signs though. Can wait another whole month for me.

Even so if we miss out, we did well before him. We could have lost Bryson and Keogh to Burnley and Hendrick to Watford.

After Wembley we just wanted to keep most the lads together. It's amazing that we've managed to keep all of them and even one of the loans wants to join.

Thorne or no Thorne, think we should be in a good place right now.

He's only 1 player. A very good player. Very good. But we've got a decent team, good coach, brilliant GK coach and a very promising smart level headed assistant. I think we should be in the top 6 fight without Thorne. Which unless you're unaware of how fickle Championship squads can be, is as good as you can demand as a supporter

Archived