George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A WUM giving us correct info? Yep, nothing winds me up more than being told good news...

A WUM giving us correct info? Yep, nothing winds me up more than being told good news...

What was correct about being told it was a done deal and he was signing on Monday?

Watched on YouTube LOL

You answered your own question as to why WBA didn't "trust" him to play in pl

He wasn't match fit for premier league football hence he was loaned out to build his fitness up

I answered honestly and you didn't trust him to play in Premier League enough is enough

WBA just kept loaning him out.

Pompey ,Posh,Watford ,Derby

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52945

Not looking for a debate but this is just the latest at the West Brom end. You have made two bids only and both have been dismissed as out of hand, no other bids have been made. The fee is the issue as we are willing to sell but on our terms, unfortunately our asking price and what you are willing to offer are miles apart.at the moment, If we lower our asking price or you massively up your bid this simply wont happen. West Brom regard him as a first team player now and expect to be compensated accordingly. It wont happen today for sure at anytime and I doubt it will happen at all unless you really stretch yourselves.

Interesting.

I was talking to some of your fellow baggies at work today one of whom reckons he's fairly wired when it comes to info. So this may be true or it may be not. I'm just throwing out there what he said. Anyway, according to him while it's true there has been no third bid in an official sense, there have been negotiations that dovetailed off their second bid. One issue is that Derby's CEO and DOFO have had to revert to the ownership group regarding whether we are prepared to pay West Brom's asking price. The upshot is in trying to structure a deal that will meet West Brom's requirements and also doesn't leave Derby exposed regarding FFP. It could be a complex deal with incremental payments based on appearances, promotion, international appearances etc and with a substantial sell-on clause.

Now this could all be a load of old cobblers because it came about in a discussion over lunch in the canteen today. And it could just be a case of joining him joining the dots and giving his interpretation. But it would kind of make sense.

Like I say I'm not ITK but thought what he said might have an element of truth in it - even if it's only a small one.

Not looking for a debate but this is just the latest at the West Brom end. You have made two bids only and both have been dismissed as out of hand, no other bids have been made. The fee is the issue as we are willing to sell but on our terms, unfortunately our asking price and what you are willing to offer are miles apart.at the moment, If we lower our asking price or you massively up your bid this simply wont happen. West Brom regard him as a first team player now and expect to be compensated accordingly. It wont happen today for sure at anytime and I doubt it will happen at all unless you really stretch yourselves.

We aren't a million miles away in terms of fee at all! Most respected journalists (so not sad "ITKers" like you) are reporting the demands to be 2.5 - 3M, which I'm certain we'll fork out.

Aren't you the guy who said that WBA want 8M for him, after all? :lol:

We will sign him. It's just a matter of when, not if.

Our local media guy (Steve Nicholson) has said Derby and West Brom have had positive dialogue this week. Hardly sounds like being "'miles apart", does it?

I had a positive dislodge this morning, toilet wasn't safe to go in for a while though

I just thought we were about to have a conclusion and the West Brom chap come on and says no chance of it happening any time soon if at all!!

Think I'll come back this time next month and see where we're at is the best idea.

Maybe he will surprise me by running out against Rotherham in the opener.

Do your research mate. I am sick of going through this again and again and again.

I know, I know... you're an insider who regularly gets things right on some WBA forum. Except, you were called out by one of your fellow supporters. 

If you're sick of this (and believe me, the feeling is mutual), you could easily just stop claiming things you don't know. 

If you want to make yourself useful, perhaps you could let us know who we should pick off WBA's relegated carcass a year from now. 

Interesting.

I was talking to some of your fellow baggies at work today one of whom reckons he's fairly wired when it comes to info. So this may be true or it may be not. I'm just throwing out there what he said. Anyway, according to him while it's true there has been no third bid in an official sense, there have been negotiations that dovetailed off their second bid. One issue is that Derby's CEO and DOFO have had to revert to the ownership group regarding whether we are prepared to pay West Brom's asking price. The upshot is in trying to structure a deal that will meet West Brom's requirements and also doesn't leave Derby exposed regarding FFP. It could be a complex deal with incremental payments based on appearances, promotion, international appearances etc and with a substantial sell-on clause.

Now this could all be a load of old cobblers because it came about in a discussion over lunch in the canteen today. And it could just be a case of joining him joining the dots and giving his interpretation. But it would kind of make sense.

Like I say I'm not ITK but thought what he said might have an element of truth in it - even if it's only a small one.

You could tell what a baggie was saying??? all I hear is 'yam yam yam tesco bag kit yam yam yam' :( whenever they speak to me. Shame as they might be #ITK

I answered honestly and you didn't trust him to play in Premier League enough is enoughWBA just kept loaning him out.http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52945

He got injured whilst playing in the first team, he got sent out on Loan as part of his rehabilitation, got nothing to do about not trusting him. Was that link supposed to prove something? Seems irrelevant to what you're trying to say

I used to quite like West Brom, until they all invaded our forum and became all smug and worthy. Now I'm all for the Wolves!!! Such a bigger classier club, bit like The Rams.

I think this thread would have been very dull by now without understanding our take on the situation.

He got injured whilst playing in the first team, he got sent out on Loan as part of his rehabilitation, got nothing to do about not trusting him. Was that link supposed to prove something? Seems irrelevant to what you're trying to say

It proves you sent the lad out 4 times on loan and he's been quoted as saying enough is enough allegedly.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52945

Archived