George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 1238 Mackworthram said he will sign this week.

He also said don't expect him to be on the plane to America tomorrow .

That's not hedging your bets it's putting it on the line.

Putting it on the line would have been saying "He won't be on the plane" but "don't expect it" leaves it open.

At 1238 Mackworthram said he will sign this week.He also said don't expect him to be on the plane to America tomorrow .That's not hedging your bets it's putting it on the line.

He also said he was signing on Monday, guess what?

He also said Thorne would sign two days ago, so I wouldn't hang on his every word if I were you lot

Like I said, he has been right before so he's either getting info that's not 100% reliable every time or he's making educated guesses.

So you saw him play for west brom in order to make a comparison that Mclaren made him a better player?

No I didn't because he had a bad knee injury which he was still recovering from when he signed on loan for Derby.

McClaren makes players perform better full stop when he was coach at Derby under Jim Smith Derby were fantastic

When he was at Man U with Fergie they won the treble.

In holland he won the title above Ajax etc etc

Id seen Thorne play for England U21s on you tube and he didn't look that great .

Why didn't you trust him to play in the Premier League and not allow him out on loan !

Answer is I suspect you gave him a new contract and wanted to see how the knee went and how he would do.

He had already been loaned out to another championship club hadn't he .

Was it Watford.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52945

Not looking for a debate but this is just the latest at the West Brom end. You have made two bids only and both have been dismissed as out of hand, no other bids have been made. The fee is the issue as we are willing to sell but on our terms, unfortunately our asking price and what you are willing to offer are miles apart.at the moment, If we lower our asking price or you massively up your bid this simply wont happen. West Brom regard him as a first team player now and expect to be compensated accordingly. It wont happen today for sure at anytime and I doubt it will happen at all unless you really stretch yourselves.

How do you know (anything)?

No I didn't because he had a bad knee injury which he was still recovering from when he signed on loan for Derby.Id seen him play for England U21s on you tube and he didn't look that great .Why didn't you trust him to play in the Premier League and not allow him out on loan !Answer is I suspect you gave him a new contract and wanted to see how the knee went and how he would do.He had already been loaned out to another championship club hadn't he .Was it Watford.

Watched on YouTube LOL

You answered your own question as to why WBA didn't "trust" him to play in pl

He wasn't match fit for premier league football hence he was loaned out to build his fitness up

Not looking for a debate but this is just the latest at the West Brom end. You have made two bids only and both have been dismissed as out of hand, no other bids have been made. The fee is the issue as we are willing to sell but on our terms, unfortunately our asking price and what you are willing to offer are miles apart.at the moment, If we lower our asking price or you massively up your bid this simply wont happen. West Brom regard him as a first team player now and expect to be compensated accordingly. It wont happen today for sure at anytime and I doubt it will happen at all unless you really stretch yourselves.

Our local media guy (Steve Nicholson) has said Derby and West Brom have had positive dialogue this week. Hardly sounds like being "'miles apart", does it?

Archived