George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

But other players are able to make a pass with or use their other foot to move the ball away from an opponent. Hughes doesn't.

I agree - he's rubbish.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But other players are able to make a pass with or use their other foot to move the ball away from an opponent. Hughes doesn't.

Which I find strange considering that he's scored a couple of very nice goals shifting it from his left to his right foot this year. He can clearly use it, maybe it's just in his head?

When he first came into the side his reluctance to use his right foot was very noticable and a real detriment to his game.

Nowadays I hardly notice, he shifts it so quickly and effortlessly it's barely an issue and he's still quite capable of using his right in tight situations. Of course he'll never be as good with his right which is why he always looks to move the ball off it whenever possible, but it's something I expect him to continue to improve on.

If he can just sure up his control a little bit more on his right he'll be near impossible to disposess.

Rumours flirting around twitter WBA would be after 8 million. He's good, but i'd say 3 million is about right. 8 million could buy a starting line up to challenge in this league!

I really do hope we can secure this guy for Derby because he's that good but surely anything over 2.5 million would be absolutely crazy.

I know football and it's money are totally out of control but how anyone can arrive at the figure of £8 million is utterly mind boggling.

I'm sure nearly everyone connected with DCFC wants him here and rightly so,but not at any price and to the detriment of the club as a whole..

Rumours flirting around twitter WBA would be after 8 million. He's good, but i'd say 3 million is about right. 8 million could buy a starting line up to challenge in this league!

Surely though we must look to build a side to play in the premier league.

I would say his value is equal to Hughes , Thorne is class.

Surely though we must look to build a side to play in the premier league.I would say his value is equal to Hughes , Thorne is class.

Thorne is class indeed but not a chance we would spend £4 million on any player whilst in this league never mind £8 million..

What with the other additions we will also need to acquire I really don't think the finances would be able to stretch anywhere near that figure for all new additions combined..

Thorne is class indeed but not a chance we would spend £4 million on any player whilst in this league never mind £8 million..

What with the other additions we will also need to acquire I really don't think the finances would be able to stretch anywhere near that figure for all new additions combined..

I agree with what you say, but just look at it from their side, if they came to buy Hughes, and offered £3million what would you say ?, I harass a guess you would answer with a few ******'s.

george is crap and a trouble causer, dont know why wba just dont release him, pay off his contract so he is free agent!!

I mean I suppose he could sign for derby if he is in the area!!!

Jokes aside he is class, appreciated by the fans/club and other players, what more can he want..........

I could understand wisdom and bamford going back to here top 4 clubs but thorne going back to wba would be a step down for him lol

I agree with what you say, but just look at it from their side, if they came to buy Hughes, and offered £3million what would you say ?, I harass a guess you would answer with a few ******'s.

I disagree, hughes is a bit more of an unknown prospect, nobody knows exactly how good he is going to be to the top clubs a 18 year old is worth more than a 23 year old on those terms

I think wba would ask for 5 we over 2.5 the deal will be never be known, Ild be happy with £3.25m

Bid what we can afford.. He's a great player and would be worth and fee paid but there's no point breaking a structure to sign a given played. McClaren found him, Wisdom and Bamford ect, so no reason why he cannot do the same elsewhere. Obviously I'm still with everyone, I really want GT at DCFC

I disagree, hughes is a bit more of an unknown prospect, nobody knows exactly how good he is going to be to the top clubs a 18 year old is worth more than a 23 year old on those terms

I think wba would ask for 5 we over 2.5 the deal will be never be known, Ild be happy with £3.25m

Thorne is 21 .

Archived