George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

If we loaned him and got promoted, regardless of an option to buy, he'd join.

Not particularly in my opinion. One of the most appealing aspects of GT is his potential. He's future England caliber for me, reminds me very much of Tom Huddlestone when he came through the ranks here.

Just out of interest in todays market how much would a 21 year old future England caliber player be worth?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest in todays market how much would a 21 year old future England caliber player be worth?

As much as anyone is prepared to pay for him, and as much as a club is willing to sell him for.

PistoldPete2

As much as anyone is prepared to pay for him, and as much as a club is willing to sell him for.

Exactly. The market value of a player is what another team is willing to pay. If Derby have undervalued him, and  someone else offers more than we are prepared to pay then fair enough we havent offered his market value. 

PistoldPete2

Great news we will have Hughes for 2.5-3m including add ons then.

how many games has Hughes played in last 2 years? How many has Thorne played in last 2 years? How old is Hughes? HAs anyone offered us

If you read my question I never mentioned anything about games etc Thorne or Hughes just how much any in todays market how much would a 21 year old future England caliber player be worth?

Dont twist things please just answer the question, if it's 2.5-3m then fine.

Thorne > how much do you want to "replace him" Isn't the same as how much we'd need to replace Hughes

2.5-3m including add ons

Great news we will have Hughes for 2.5-3m including add ons then.

I repeat not talking about Hughes or Thorne.

Make your mind up

If you read my question I never mentioned anything about games etc Thorne or Hughes just how much any in todays market how much would a 21 year old future England caliber player be worth?

Dont twist things please just answer the question, if it's 2.5-3m then fine.

No twisting, just people backing up there answers with facts.

Both could play for England.... But I do think will is worth a lot more than Thorne at this stage if their careers.... Just because of games played.

Also probably don't mean a lot but Thorne has really been linked to us and championship clubs.... Where as Hughes has been practically scouted by the whole of the prem. :)

Archived