George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King george is easily worth 3m... an england international in the waiting imo... anything under 4m I think will b a steal... should lump majority of our kitty towards him, if not all of it... guy is pure class... and 2 make it even sweeter is a ram at heart

Everyone saying they'd pay £3m for him are forgetting how much easier it is spending someone else's money rather than their own ha

It is, but you cannot deny he's worth the fee?

He was our best player by a long distance from the Forest game till the end of the season, including the play off final (best player on the park - every pundet illuded to it).

You don't get young English players cheap, especially those who have succeeded. Considering we've bid £1.5m rising to £2m I could see us going to £3m. Although I think we'll get him for £2m

I'd happily pay double the fee for my season ticket if it meant Thorne being here next season, in fact, that isn't even a tough decision - I'd go as far as four times.

He is absolutely key, I'd be gutted if we missed out on him. I'd give Bryson a lift on my push bike to the middle of Russia if it meant getting Thorne. (slight exaggeration)

As NSR said, he was by far our best player when he played last season - we'd have been promoted if he had been put in earlier (in my opinion)  I hoped we would get it over the line as soon as possible, but we may have to be patient - it's killing me.

I am not bothered about who has more money and who is the bigger club etc etc etc, all I will do now is give the West Brom end of this and you can take from that whatever you want.

Derby have made two bids of £900k and £1.2m, both of have been rejected on the same day they were made as out of hand and Derby told he is not for sale.

Derby are a million miles away from even tempting us to even consider parting with Thorne after these derisory bids and Peace has dug his heels in over this driving the price up much further.

I believe Derby have the money to buy him but would never spend the kind of figure we would accept due to ffp, I know for a fact that when first asked what we valued him at we said £8m so adding the odd £500k to what you have already offered is not going to change a thing. I would imagine the very very least we would accept as a negotiation would be £5m plus add ons.

I am not looking to discuss this as these are just pure facts from our end.

Archived