Two League hat tricks

rsmini

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno about 'beam-back' - we defended like bean bags.

Allow me to explain.... a couple of games that season were beamed back via satellite to the concourse and DCFC charged a small fee for supporters to stand in the concourse of the North Stand and drink beer whilst watching live coverage of the Arsenal, maybe Leicester too, and then finally Bradford away games.

Problem was, the pictures disappeared after 2 minutes of the Bradford game, and all we got was Graham Richards commentary piped in.

There were several unruly youths there, who immediately demanded their money back in a somewhat intimidating way, the young staff on the counter, immediately handed back the £10 notes or whatever it cost, before someone noticed that there was no way of knowing who had and hadn't been given a refund and many people kept going back until the counters ran out of cash, then people who hadn't had a refund (as some had taken numerous refunds) kicked up a stink, and were given vouchers to come back another day and cash in the vouchers, it didn't take long for fans to take advantage of this too, asking for vouchers for their imaginary kids.

Unsurprising this will be to some of you, but I'm a bit of a knob, especially when it comes to stuff like this, and got genuinely wound up on my walk into town after with work 'mates' bragging that they had about £50 each profit, AND a handful of yellow vouchers to cash in.

If the money came out of Craig Burley's wage, fine, but I know it didn't and I thought it was bad to rip off the team you pretend to love.

Archived