Two League hat tricks

rsmini

We all know of Simmo's famous hat trick, now we have Craig Bryson and Chris Martin scoring 3. When was the last time we knocked in two hat tricks in the league in a season?

I reckon it goes back to the 60's, because I'm blowed if I can remember it happening

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know of Simmo's famous hat trick, now we have Craig Bryson and Chris Martin scoring 3. When was the last time we knocked in two hat tricks in the league in a season?

I reckon it goes back to the 60's, because I'm blowed if I can remember it happening

For the 60's,I'd have a stab at Durban and Hector (maybe) and later on I remember Kevin Wilson and Bobby D being prolific,before Kev was flogged-but not sure about hat tricks though.Don't know if there was anyone to match up alongside Big Rog's spectacular v Luton. 

Not seen many mention the fact that's the first Derby league hat-trick the stadium's seen.

Ah,Red Bull gives you wings,but iPro gives your stadium eyes ;)

Reckon this is going to be a shootout between eddie and smiffy (and maybe utch if he's still sober/sobered up).....curb a dark horse..by gelding.

I think king Kev scored a hat trick (Southampton?) in the season Davies got his 5 V Luton.

Just checked, the Southampton game was the season before.

I really miss the DET site, with all the old match reports.

Op's question still open.

Spurs 8-2 in October '76

Amazing that Mackay got sacked two months later.

Remember that game , as if yesterday , we were 3-2 up at half-time , me and my mate went from the

Popside Vulcan Street end , behind the Ley Stand to join the Spurs fans to see Derby attacking

both halves , so to speak ,(we did that regularly) , anyway , we reduced their fans to tears

with that thrashing..

Heady days.. :D

Remember that game , as if yesterday , we were 3-2 up at half-time , me and my mate went from the

Popside Vulcan Street end , behind the Ley Stand to join the Spurs fans to see Derby attacking both halves , so to speak ,

(we did that regularly) , anyway , we reduced their fans to tears with that thrashing..

Heady days.. :D

Jennings actually played well. It would have been close to the all-time Division 1 record (12) if any other keeper had been in goal.

Jennings actually played well. It would have been close to the all-time Division 1 record (12) if any other keeper had been in goal.

so , i reckon that today maybe the only time since then we have scored 5 goals in a second half ?

so , i reckon that today maybe the only time since then we have scored 5 goals in a second half ?

I think we got 5 in the second half against Lincoln in 1975-6, but I could be wrong.

Archived