Derby County fans in west yorkshire

ant034

Hi All

Great game last night!  I feel we've won the FA Cup after that come back....

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to enquire if there are any Rams Fans based in West Yorkshire - particulary around M1 corridor that would be interested in car sharing.

I am a season ticket holder in South Stand, and at the moment I am currently travelling by car but it is getting quite expensive.

If anyone is interested then my email address is ant.harris16@gmail.com

I normally leave Wakefield about 1:00pm on match days and leave straight after the final whistle so normally get back around 6:30pm.

I also have a parking space just behind Rolls Royce on PP so its only a 10 min walk to the car.

My total mileage is about 140 miles and roughly costs me about £20 in fuel.  Finally, I also live very close to Wakefield Westgate Railway Station so for those who want to be picked up from there is not a problem but we can sort that out later if anyone is interested.  

Finally, my only rule - No smoking in the car!

Thanks guys

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you find somebody Ant.

Wakefield Westgate eh? Last time I was there was a cold, dark evening and some guy made to follow me under the tunnel (I was going back to Barnsley) so needed the opposite platform.

Anyhow, I'm telling you this guy was dodgy so I did the unthinkable and legged it over the tracks. Bloody good job I only had a couple of mins to wait. He then left the station.

Right, well.. S'pose you'll sleep better fer knowing that lol.

Welcome to the forum anyway.

Hope you find somebody Ant.

Wakefield Westgate eh? Last time I was there was a cold, dark evening and some guy made to follow me under the tunnel (I was going back to Barnsley) so needed the opposite platform.

Anyhow, I'm telling you this guy was dodgy so I did the unthinkable and legged it over the tracks. Bloody good job I only had a couple of mins to wait. He then left the station.

Right, well.. S'pose you'll sleep better fer knowing that lol.

Welcome to the forum anyway.

Thought you were going to tell us it was the Yorkshire Ripper.

Wakefield Westgate is like the Ritz compared to Wakefield Kirkgate! You'd think the train had arrived in Beirut if you didn't know any better.

With regards to the OP, I live in Leeds and sometimes travel down but not a regular thing, if I do need a lift or can give a lift, I'll be in touch!

Oh yeah, that might have been it, Kirkgate! The station that time forgot, awful place.

Anyway, good luck with the car share, hope you can save a few bob.

If you moved closer to the ground then it would cost you less money in petrol :) Top Tip for the day. Was that helpful :)

Hmm, nice idea in principle, however, moving purely for football reasons is not justifiable unfortunately, and would not work.

I have just recruited my nephew in not only converting to being a DC fan (was a Liverpool fan) but also in him getting a ST too!

Another one! Really like that area, I believe StaffsRam is up that way. I'm between 'castle and Trent Vale at the moment :( do you get to many matches?

No, not many unfortunately - I work shifts and they tend to fall on a lot of weekends. Usually when I can go we are away :-(

Archived