Nigel Clough's Record

AccountantRam

Crumbs - I wasn't expecting to get pilloried myself for what I though was an honest posting.

For the record, I am not connected with the club, I'm just a humble season ticket holder. But, I do look at DCFC's accounts every year which are full of information - and available to everyone at Companies House.

Right then, a lot of people are saying Clough had no money to spend - all I'm trying to say is that he did, and actually spent >£8.7m on just transfer fees alone ( think Barker £900k + Shackell £1m + Sammon £1.2m + Keogh £1m etc ). No-one knows all the exact fees hence this is an estimate, but it's based on commonly accepted figures.

Next, the league record is poor - and as someone pointed out, it would have got most other managers the sack.

I've never posted any anti or pro opinions re Clough - maybe if I had I wouldn't have got such a vitriolic repsosnse - as  prefer to keep them to myself.

All I tried to do was provide a few facts for people to make their own informed judgements.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crumbs - I wasn't expecting to get pilloried myself for what I though was an honest posting.

For the record, I am not connected with the club, I'm just a humble season ticket holder. But, I do look at DCFC's accounts every year which are full of information - and available to everyone at Companies House.

Right then, a lot of people are saying Clough had no money to spend - all I'm trying to say is that he did, and actually spent >£8.7m on just transfer fees alone ( think Barker £900k + Shackell £1m + Sammon £1.2m + Keogh £1m etc ). No-one knows all the exact fees hence this is an estimate, but it's based on commonly accepted figures.

Next, the league record is poor - and as someone pointed out, it would have got most other managers the sack.

I've never posted any anti or pro opinions re Clough - maybe if I had I wouldn't have got such a vitriolic repsosnse - as  prefer to keep them to myself.

All I tried to do was provide a few facts for people to make their own informed judgements.

Vitriolic really? Where?

Virtiolic? Just you see some of the responses to my posts then I'll show you vitriol lol

I'm not here to pillory the poor guy, and obviously emotions are running high judging by the amount of postings. However, a lot of postings are sadly void of facts, so here's a few ;

I estimate Clough spent > £8.7m in transfer fees alone ( on players costing over £100k ) - which roughly equates to 2+ years worth of season ticket sales.

His league record is Played 213 ; Won 72 ; Drawn 50 ; Lost 91 - a win ratio of 33.8%. 

This equates to 57 points for a season, and a league position of 15th.

Judge from that what you will - but unfortunately, I would suggest it could be described as mediocre at best ..... ?

Brilliant post with facts - well done

If you forget the net spend because whoever was manager would have had to deliver the same figure.

What you have to ask is did he get good value for the £9m he spent?

There have been a number of flops to go along with the gems like Brayford and Barker

Archived