When it is ok to boo? ( someone ask wardy please)

twinkletoes

I think Buxton's cult hero status is clouding some fan's judgements as to his actual ability. Anyway, as Roger Davies used to say several times a week, football is all about opinions!

As for abuse, I believe the poster was accused of the stupidest post of the year or similar, a bit harsh no?

Watched plenty of games this season where I mark the 'good things' done by players and the 'bad things' and Buxton is always in the top 2/3 for 'good things done'.

I actually think his background, and his history clouds some fans judgement about his ability. I think he is a good championship centre back, and so far (for me) has been our second best player this season (i'm monitoring this now) 

If we brought in a centre back in, I would hope it would replace Keogh, not Buxton.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Buxton's cult hero status is clouding some fan's judgements as to his actual ability. Anyway, as Roger Davies used to say several times a week, football is all about opinions!

As for abuse, I believe the poster was accused of the stupidest post of the year or similar, a bit harsh no?

You could just as easily turn that round.... that some fans original opinion of Jake Buxton clouds their judgement as to his actual ability.

Jake is a scapegoat to some because to admit he's a decent player would make Clough's judgement better than theirs.

Jake is a good player at this level.

I'm a Clough fan and rate his judgement on players very highly. I just think he has a blind spot where it comes to Buxton.

I agree Buxton has qualities, I just don't think he's of the standard of a first choice centre back for a top Championship team.

Archived