Well...... I managed it

Mafiabob

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old when you took up running Bob?

i was 38 after a glorious (!!!????) career in Sunday football. Did the first Derby 10k in me Rams shirt and outsprinted a chap wearing a Lessta shirt to the finishing line in front of the East Stand :D

Did a few 1/2 marathons, best time was 1.38. Sadly only do an occasional jog nowadays as I have knees like Paul McGrath..... :(

Started in 2011 to lose weight and just started entering races. I was 31. That's rapid for half marathon that fella! Fastest I've done Derby 10k is 44:51 this year and that was with no training. I reckon I could get close to 41/42 minutes if I trained properly! And cheers!

Started running when I was about 40. Got really serious in my late 40's. Did 10 miles in 59:27, best half marathon was 1:20:05, at Chesterfield on a long course, best marathon 2-53, at London on my 49th birthday. Last marathons I did were in 2000, when I was 60. Did 3 in 9 weeks!

Sadly broke my leg badly in 2007, and can't run any more. The plate on my shin gives me gip, the foot's slightly offset and the leg's a bit shorter. Thanks NHS.

Pleased to see my elder daughter and my step-son have started to get the bug.

I reckon people who knock it have some sort of inferiority complex. Keep it going long term, Bob. It's a satisfying (and compulsive) activity.

Started running when I was about 40. Got really serious in my late 40's. Did 10 miles in 59:27, best half marathon was 1:20:05, at Chesterfield on a long course, best marathon 2-53, at London on my 49th birthday. Last marathons I did were in 2000, when I was 60. Did 3 in 9 weeks!

Sadly broke my leg badly in 2007, and can't run any more. The plate on my shin gives me gip, the foot's slightly offset and the leg's a bit shorter. Thanks NHS.

Pleased to see my elder daughter and my step-son have started to get the bug.

I reckon people who knock it have some sort of inferiority complex. Keep it going long term, Bob. It's a satisfying (and compulsive) activity.

Sorry to hear about your injury , Phoenix , i know from talking to a few runners that it's

a very addictive sport , and folk dread the day when they can do it no more , lets hope you can

enjoy watching and encouraging your offsprings .. :)

Archived