Agent Fees

smiffy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that we apparently have the worst transfer budget in the league but are mid table in agent fees

Well it would be if there was a correlation between net transfer budget and agents' fees paid (and the first thing to be noted is that fees are still payable on free transfers).If you look at our own case,there were some incoming fee transfers,but there were also a couple of hefty outs to pay the majority of the incoming fees,and we also had incoming frees.

Using your logic,if we were to transact no further fee based business this year (in which case there would likely have been a negative spend),we would still likely have substantial agents' fees (due to no. of transactions) allied to a negative transfer budget. 

If anyone has read the secret footballer there is a paragraph on agents, written by an agent and it's a pretty good read.

basically the whole chapter points to what we know about agents, but also defended the use of them because they're the first protection point for players who he explained without agents would get manipulated easily.

it is a cut throat business though, I personally know an agent who was dupped out of a million pound by simply doing what was best for the player. 

Well it would be if there was a correlation between transfer budget and agents' fees paid (and the first thing to be noted is that fees are still payable on free transfers).If you look at our own case,there were some incoming fee transfers,but there were also a couple of hefty outs to pay the majority of the incoming fees,and we also had incoming frees.

Using your logic,if we were to transact no further fee based business this year (in which case there would likely have been a negative spend),we would still likely have substantial agents' fees (due to no. of transactions) allied to a negative transfer budget.

I'm not applying any logic to it. Just found it interesting. I'm sure there's lots of reasons behind it but a simply man like myself who's financial expertise end when it comes to whether I can afford sky sports and bt sport found it interesting. Not everything is a dig.

Interesting that we apparently have the worst transfer budget in the league but are mid table in agent fees

Has anyone really ever said that Wilko? Or is that a careless but innocent slip of words?

That we've apparently got the worst transfer budget in the league?

I've only ever seen people talk about budget being in the bottom 6 and I assumed there that people were talking about the wage bill.

Has anyone really ever said that Wilko? Or is that a careless but innocent slip of words?

That we've apparently got the worst transfer budget in the league?

I've only ever seen people talk about budget being in the bottom 6 and I assumed there that people were talking about the wage bill.

Mix between slip and bad iPhone skills. "One of the worst" would he more of what I was aiming for.

Archived